Reasons why you still didnt get a PS5?

HamiTosh

Reasons why you still didnt get a PS5?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Reasons why you still didnt get a PS5?

• I am happy with my PS4
    • Got no money
    • No games worth to buy the console for
    • Waiting for a Pro Version

Main Reason: 
I work double shifts / attend areas at work to have certifications. Also I rent out my condo and living in small space apartment with storage elsewhere. lack of space/time. Gotta be outdoors/social.

Second Reason: 
I hate current Sony, started downhill since Vita abandoned and PS4 PS+ required for online, at least there was some titles that were worthwhile while others fell flat. The Storefront on all playstation consoles just overall suck   

Personally I don't think I'm going to get a PS5 at this point. It'll be the first Playstation that will probably be skipped.
I don't have the right to judge/review it unless I actually try it though.

Having a digital only version of  console and the current lack of 1st party IPs and overall abandoning old IPs / Developers.  Makes me question that Steam currently doing way better in their storefront then Playstation.  I mean it seems like Sony doesn't care about it's playerbase at all or doesn't know what to do. 

I think having good Software/Hardware is important if we are just gonna see things go abandoned /  shutdown with a lack of new / lackluster new things then whats the point? 

On 3/1/2024 at 3:28 PM, Laxus-0 said:

I wish i could go back in time and give me ps5 back. Never was i more disappointed with a console than with the ps5.

Curious,   what made you disappointed with it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fyiByas said:

Curious,   what made you disappointed with it?

The ui is utter trash, can't even use your own design's. Lan port is not good (get sometimes when i start the console "lan cable is not connected" even though it is plugged in", some genius had the idea to make only one usb A port in front of the console and two in the back. You can't upload your savefiles on a usb anymore and now need PS plus for it.

The entire console screams just pure corporal greed and anti consumer. I still think that the ps1, ps2 and ps3 were all great consoles but onwards became worse. Hell you still can't sort trophies alphabetical on your PlayStation, something that was available on the ps3. The worst thing however would be accessibility and the controller. The scammer which would buy those console and sell them for inflated prices was just the last straw. 

As for the controller, they are trash. Literally garbage. Two of my controllers got stick drift, one after 5 months and the other one 1 week after purchasing it. Right now i had to borrow a controller to play on my console. The PS5 is a unfinished product and not worth the price $ony asks for.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

The ui is utter trash, can't even use your own design's. Lan port is not good (get sometimes when i start the console "lan cable is not connected" even though it is plugged in", some genius had the idea to make only one usb A port in front of the console and two in the back. You can't upload your savefiles on a usb anymore and now need PS plus for it.

The entire console screams just pure corporal greed and anti consumer. I still think that the ps1, ps2 and ps3 were all great consoles but onwards became worse. Hell you still can't sort trophies alphabetical on your PlayStation, something that was available on the ps3. The worst thing however would be accessibility and the controller. The scammer which would buy those console and sell them for inflated prices was just the last straw. 

As for the controller, they are trash. Literally garbage. Two of my controllers got stick drift, one after 5 months and the other one 1 week after purchasing it. Right now i had to borrow a controller to play on my console. The PS5 is a unfinished product and not worth the price $ony asks for.

I think dualshock 3 was the best, the usb never broke after 10+ years of use

Dualshock on PS4 on the otherhand...    those micro usbs break all the time, hell even on the androids I have  micro usbs broke.  
when Radio Shack was going outta business I bought a whole box of Micro USBs because my reason was "yes I'm gonna need all these because they break so often"

In regards to UI there is just no excuse to be worse  a decade later.

Steam in 2008 the UI was pretty bad and updates needed to make online work.

spacer.png

PStore used to look like this then now  have to be reliant on user made storefronts just to buy PS3 PSVita software.

Edited by fyiByas
Added Info
  • Like 1

My main reason for not having a PS5 yet is due to my current gaming backlog. I’ve got a backlog of ps3 and ps4 games just waiting to be played. These include physical releases and the constantly growing ps+ selection. I’ve been chipping away at the pile steadily but some games require much more time than others. I’ll get one eventually, but I’m overall very content with working through the games I currently have.