Reasons why you still didnt get a PS5?

HamiTosh

Reasons why you still didnt get a PS5?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Reasons why you still didnt get a PS5?

• I am happy with my PS4
    • Got no money
    • No games worth to buy the console for
    • Waiting for a Pro Version

My Reasons:

1. Waiting for a PS5 Pro, dont wanna have the same debacle like with the ps4 after i got the slim one year later they release they PS4 Pro 

2.I am a late adaptor, I prefer to buy later for a cheaper price with most mankos ironed out and having games that fully utilize the hardware

3.There is not really any games which interest me on PS5, but when GTA VI comes out the PS5 will be a direct purchase preferably in a bundle 

What are your reasons?

• Like 2

My reasons:

1. I don't want to pay the current asking price for one. Waiting for it to drop to a price I'm willing to pay.
  2. I have enough of a backlog of games on PS3, Vita and PS4 to keep me going for a while that I don't really need a PS5 just yet.

That's pretty much it.

• Like 4

I'm happy with my Ps4 and still play it daily. And I have a giant backlog of games to play through still. There just wasn't as big a leap from PS4 to PS5 to justify buying a new system, especially with their small game collection. Everything that can be done on PS5 can be done on PS4 (at least as far as what I am looking for in a game console).

• Like 2

A lack of actual not cross gen exclusives and a hurricane in 2021 forcing both me and my parents to relocate and look for a new house. Cant really afford a ps5 when 70% of my extra money is focused on getting my new house up and running so i can leave my grandmas house(hopefully within 6 months, i finally found one, its just waiting for the deal to close and then i can fix up issues and buy thousands of dollars worth of appliances) and then last year i needed a new vehicle so yea, those things are way more important then playing slightly better versions of games(most ps4 versions run fine enough for me).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

A lack of actual not cross gen exclusives and a hurricane in 2021 forcing both me and my parents to relocate and look for a new house. Cant really afford a ps5 when 70% of my extra money is focused on getting my new house up and running so i can leave my grandmas house(hopefully within 6 months, i finally found one, its just waiting for the deal to close and then i can fix up issues and buy thousands of dollars worth of appliances) and then last year i needed a new vehicle so yea, those things are way more important then playing slightly better versions of games(most ps4 versions run fine enough for me).

reminds of the beginning of the PS4 era a lot of remasters and souped up games, thats why I held back on buying just when Uncharted 4 came out I had a reason to buy the console

For me, the value proposition just isn't there. I already have a Base Model PS4 (amongst various other consoles) and a massive backlog of games, plus there are no new games in general or PS5 exclusives in particular, that scream "must buy now" so I see no reason at all to drop £400-500 (that I can ill afford to spend right now) on a new console which will just end up gathering dust for months on end. If someone gave me a PS5, I would just sell it and use the money for something else that I actually need right now.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

Quite a few and I've mentioned them in the past.  One reason is I am happy with my PS4 and PS3 and Vita.  The other is my backlog.  I have 20 or so games that I plan on playing and platinuming for my PS4 and even a few for PS3 and Vita.  The other reason and a big reason is there are only two games that are available only on the PS5 and not available on the PS4 that I am looking forward to playing.  Final Fantasy XVI and Stellar Blade.  Maybe a third with Rise of the Ronin.  Two maybe three games.  And the system has been out for over three years.  Every other game is available on the PS4.  I can't justify spending $500 on a console and if I am going to do it right upgrade to a Sony 4K OLED TV from my hidef tv which will be another $700 to $1000 just to play....two games, maybe three.  Makes no sense.  Everything else available on the PS5 I have no interest in or is available on PS4 so what's the point?  This generation seems to be very remaster heavy which I have no interest in. 

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS
  • Like 2

I finally got one last month. The main thing I was waiting for was some kind of Slim model, and when that finally came out I figured it was time to upgrade.

Unlike the PS3 > PS4 though, I never really felt any sense of urgency to upgrade to a PS5. It’s hard to put my finger on why exactly, but I’ve had a lack of enthusiasm about this generation from the beginning, and it never really felt like it “took off” at any point.

Despite being in the latter half of the PS5 cycle now, it still doesn’t feel like we’ve actually entered a new generation. Although the PS5 is a nice machine and has some improvements, the truth is that you really aren’t missing out on anything significant if you’re still running a PS4 in 2024.

• Like 2

I am not willing to pay the current price for a PS5, knowing I have so many PS4, PS3 and Vita games in my backlog.

Also I don't want to buy a regular version knowing there could be a Pro version soon.

But I am sure, eventually I will buy one.

Only got a PS4 in early 2022 (had been an nintendo boy before then) so i haven't felt the urge to get a PS5 yet.

Also most of the games are cross-gen anyways so there's not much reason to buy one (really, the only 9th gen exclusive game i am kind of intrested in is Helldivers 2, and maybe a couple of others i am forgetting, but i haven't played the first one on PS4/PS3/Vita and i probably should play it first)

There should honestly be a 5th option in this poll as in being unable to find a PS5, depending on where you live that can still be extremely difficult. For example, I wasn't able to get my hands on one until about a year ago and I live in California. Stores in my area frequently don't have them even now, I clearly got lucky last year.

I have 1 but a friend is borrowing it 99% of the time. The menus feels really annoying placed like there have been no thoughts about were to place them, I'm getting pisst when I have to take it very slow because there isn't any logic in were most of them are placed. The PS4s menus seems logic and well placed compared to the PS5. 

And the other reason is that I have to many server shutdown to take care of on PS3  and PS4

I'm currently in medical school, I want to get one after graduating as a "You did it, Here's something nice". By then I would have multiple games to choose for PS5 anyhow

Probably won't do it for next gen Nintendo console tho lol. 

So glad I didn't get a PS5 at lauch by how the reception is at the moment now lol

Edited by stuck-energies3
spelling