Doing Your Part Question

loudar22

The trophy guide says you can load into a low difficulty mission, complete the main objective then blow yourself up to avoid having to extract everytime. Does this actually count towards the 100 missions completed? I’ve seen else where that you NEED to extract in order for it to count so I’m hoping someone can clear this up for me so I don’t waste my time blowing myself up if it doesn’t count. Thanks! 

The 50-missions trophy popped for me after an incident where I dropped, realized I had brought the completely wrong loadout, and abandoned. Based on that, I'd suggest it's counting drops or maybe even just loading into missions, not completions or extractions.

19 hours ago, loudar22 said:

The trophy guide says you can load into a low difficulty mission, complete the main objective then blow yourself up to avoid having to extract everytime. Does this actually count towards the 100 missions completed? I’ve seen else where that you NEED to extract in order for it to count so I’m hoping someone can clear this up for me so I don’t waste my time blowing myself up if it doesn’t count. Thanks! 

I can confirm it works, I started doing this when I had 93 won mission, loaded into a Trivial Eliminate Brood Commander (bug side) mission, orbital lasered the Commander and blew myself up 5-6 times. Did this for all 7 remaining missions and the trophy popped at the last Mission Completed text.

18 hours ago, Bakicheems said:

I can confirm it works, I started doing this when I had 93 won mission, loaded into a Trivial Eliminate Brood Commander (bug side) mission, orbital lasered the Commander and blew myself up 5-6 times. Did this for all 7 remaining missions and the trophy popped at the last Mission Completed text.

Did the trophy pop when you killed the Commander or after you killed yourself and went back to your ship? 

I just want to confirm that this trophy requires you to obtain 100 'Mission Wins'. This was the last trophy remaining for me before the platinum and it only popped after my 100th 'Mission Win'. 

(Keep in mind that the trophy could be bugged and be different for everyone. You should get the trophy playing the game naturally anyway)

Edited by hrisiii

I’ve just finished a mission and that was my 100th mission played but 90th completed. No trophy yet so I’m guessing 10 more complete missions and that’s the platinum trophy unlocked. What an amazing and fun journey so far! Loving this game but the servers.. they just didn’t expect this many players! 

On 3/3/2024 at 1:24 PM, loudar22 said:

Did the trophy pop when you killed the Commander or after you killed yourself and went back to your ship? 

The trophy popped when I've got the Missicon Completed screen, so in this case, after I've offed myself. When you run out of reinforcements the game automatically ends on the next death.