Beginner's Guide? (PS3 and PS4)

SoraxTidus

Hi, I need your help. It's my first time playing Dead Island, but I'm not good with this game so far, because I'm still Low level (Example: Level 2) and I keep having trouble fighting against the zombies. Is there a Beginner's Guide that will help me get better with the game? For Example, Which Best Character to play as? and Which Best Weapon should I use? Also, I want to get to Level 50 (Level 60 for DLC) fast. As for the XP boost part, I did manage to kill a zombie in the Prologue, but I eventually give myself up and continue the game, because the one of the zombies in the Prologue managed to climb on to the bed (Safe Spot) and knock me out which makes the XP Boost more harder. That XP Boost was from a YouTube video that I recently researched as well in which is supposed to help me out with the XP Boost. Also, I have the Game of the Year Edition of the game as well. Can someone help me out with the trouble with the game that I'm having right now? Which Best Character and Which Best Weapon should I go for and why? Please Reply Me Soon. See You Later.

Here's the video that I recently discovered while I was trying to find a way to get XP really fast upon starting a New game.

I don't remember when you meet the NPC but there will be an infinite quest where you get XP and cash for every bottle of champagne you deliver. You can combine this with a copy items glitch (google how to do it it's been years since I played the game), and you should be swimming in cash and XP. I used the glitch also to copy grenades, meds, expensive ingredients etc. As for the character you should play, apart from the firearm character (weapons first appear pretty late in the game and are very weak in general) every character is good and it doesn't matter. I've played through the entire game with Sam, Logan, and Xian and never really noticed any difference except for their fury which Logan's my favorite in this regard. As for weapons, in general, you need to play for a while before the game starts dropping you katanas and machetes, which are the best weapons, but other than that, every weapon is good enough, they just act accordingly. The only melee weapon type I'd use are short blades, I wasn't a fan of those.

XP boost honestly the video you found is probably the best and quickest you may die afew times but that's fine you shouldn't lose the XP just keep at it and you'll be maxed out in a few hours tops sounds bad but really it's much slower in the actual game weirdly enough

As for best weapons there are a few that will carry you through