Mushroom Minigame (Side Quest) - Minimal Spoilers

There's a side quest where you have to pick a mushroom by selecting the right section to pull first. I cannot get it for the life of me. I've tried both gentle approaches on moving the left analog stick or moving it quickly and the last mushroom is impossible to get the correct order. Any tips or advice? What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

If you're looking for the answer, the directions are not clear. It's the amount of movement the mushroom moves in a certain direction. Nothing to do with how fast you move it or how much resistance you have on the controller.

5 hours ago, TriplEEE13 said:

If you're looking for the answer, the directions are not clear. It's the amount of movement the mushroom moves in a certain direction. Nothing to do with how fast you move it or how much resistance you have on the controller.

So exactly what the instructions said to do

• Like 1

So the tutorial doesn't actually tell you anything of use so ignore it. Turn your adaptive triggers on and test each side with R2 before pulling completely. The one that has the least resistance is the one you do first. Then repeat. I didn't mess up a single time when I heard about this method!

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 8:34 PM, FireMage777 said:

So exactly what the instructions said to do

Vaguely, but even online videos didn't explain it clearly. Even the PowerPyx one doesn't. 

On 3/10/2024 at 8:59 AM, Mattiechuu said:

So the tutorial doesn't actually tell you anything of use so ignore it. Turn your adaptive triggers on and test each side with R2 before pulling completely. The one that has the least resistance is the one you do first. Then repeat. I didn't mess up a single time when I heard about this method!

I tried that but the visual clues were easier to seebthan the adaptive triggers were to feel.