Faction Wars Tips

Lil-Gameboy123

I wanted to open this thread to share tips on how to easily get through the Faction Wars, which is now a 5 stage game mode that requires you to use tickets to start a run and an Intro Challenge requires you to successfully complete all 5 stages in a single run.

Now, two of the hardest aspects of these runs are the match types (specifically the tag matches and the TLC / Ladder matches), as the AI can easily screw you and end your run if given the chance. Here’s some of my tips that I would like to share:

- In TLC / Ladder matches, when it’s a 2v2 or 3v3, I always start by leaving the ring immediately to avoid getting ganged up my multiple AI opponents at the same time. This will help isolate one AI opponent going after you vs. 2, helping you control the pace on your end.

- In Ladder Matches, you will have 2 ladders at ringside. To save yourself some trouble, bring one of the ladders to the back corner of the entrance and leave it there. Sometimes, an AI opponent or two may come along and follow you, which can allow you to incapacitate them for a limited time and buy you a window of opportunity to grab the briefcase for your team. I’ve previously mentioned this in 2K22, though this behaves differently in that regard.

- In 2v2 or 3v3 Ladder / TLC matches, let one of your teammates do the work on getting the briefcase, as they are quite consistent on getting all 5 bars fulfilled in the mini game. While they do that, I recommend you stay by the ladder and bodyguard them by Irish Whipping any oncoming opponents out of the ring, so then your teammate won’t be interrupted and the ladder stays intact.

- In Tag Team Matches, 2K added a debuff whenever an illegal teammate goes in to break up the pinfall or submission. With this debuff, both your teammates and AI will only be allowed to break up the pin or submission once before the debuff stops them from continually doing so like in the past 2 games. With this in mind, you can cheese the matches in your favor by going for pinfalls to force the AI to use their interruptions. After they use all 3, you can then land Signatures or Finishers to put the legal opponent away with ease. However, the debuff will be removed once your opponent tags in someone else, but they can be re-applied when they try breaking up a pinfall or submission again.

- As far as cards go, the game scales your opponents to be one rarity higher than you all the time (For example, if you use Ruby cards, you’ll face Amethyst cards).

-After defeating Faction Wars bosses, you permanently unlock them for purchase in its separate shop, which will then be on sale for the Faction Wars Tokens you gathered in your runs. What you’ll want is Ruby The Rock and Ruby John Cena ‘20, as they both have the Rabblerouser Perk, which gives you a Finisher for 2 successful taunts in the match, which will help you deal some serious damage very quickly. The 2 Rock cards and John Cena are 5,000 tokens each, but with this in mind, you can quickly land 3 finishers just for performing taunts, which can easily help you cruise through your opponents in the match.

-Shields are very important in Faction Wars, as they can protect your wrestlers from sustaining limb damage in your matches. When you get a shield reward between 10% and 40%, take them and apply it to the wrestler you use the most, as this’ll help you stay alive longer in your runs. If your shield breaks, then you’ll be at a disadvantage, as your limb damage carries between matches during the rest of the run. But, they can be healed up with Vitality or Strength cards that can help recover some of your limb health on a superstar that needs it (going from Orange to Yellow limb damage for instance).

- Lastly, after defeating Faction Wars bosses, you can swap out anyone in your current lineup with a card that can help you. For example, if you defeat Ruby The Rock in a Faction Wars boss battle tag team match, you can choose him and swap out any team member from your lineup for the rest of the run. Having stronger or higher rated cards also brings you higher credit payouts, which can help you afford the boss cards in the shop afterwards.

That’s all of the tips I have for now, so feel free to add your own in this thread, so everyone can get through the Faction Wars more easily and finally complete that Intro Challenge for the trophy. Also keep in mind that you’ll need to defeat 30 Faction Wars bosses for another trophy, which can average to about 6 runs, as each run goes up to 5 stages before ending. Hope this helps!

16 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

- As far as cards go, the game scales your opponents to be one rarity higher than you all the time (For example, if you use Ruby cards, you’ll face Amethyst cards).

Some good tips for people who struggle. However, this one is wrong. The opponents are random and don't depend on your cards. I faced weaker opponents several times playing with my ruby cards. Even had a stage with gold opponents once.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Gnillisch said:

Some good tips for people who struggle. However, this one is wrong. The opponents are random and don't depend on your cards. I faced weaker opponents several times playing with my ruby cards. Even had a stage with gold opponents once.

I partially agree with you. The weaker opponents mostly appear on the Faction Wars Boss fights, as they’re set for that run. During the stage itself however, my opponents were always a tier higher.

Not saying you’re wrong on your part, but something to consider when going into the Faction Wars.

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123