High Benchmark Trophies

Do you think Arrowhead will add some high-benchmark trophies in the future, such as obtaining rank 100, killing 100,000 enemies, etc? I think this will help add some longevity to the game outside of warbond progression.

As long as they dont simply require time I dont mind trophies that require some kind of "farming", yet they are not inherently fun or increase the amount of fun a game provides.

I doubt they really help a game stay relevant anyhow you look at it, either the game is fun without these trophies, then people will stick.

Or it is not in which case I imagine you might see a reduced playercount that otherwise would be completionists not wanting to spend so much time on a single game (I dont know about this, this is just a personal thought).

• Like 1

I'd be fine with more trophies.  I absolutely love this game.  I have over 100 hours in it already.  Rank 50, fully upgraded ship, all stratagems, and maxed out requisition slips.  I don't intend to stop playing any time soon.  The way they are handling new content is one of the best that I've seen in a live service game.  It's not just an update, but something the community actually has to work for.  This game is staying on my PS5 for a long time.

FOR SUPER EARTH!!!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 7:56 AM, Archangel7704 said:
Do you think Arrowhead will add some high-benchmark trophies in the future, such as obtaining rank 100, killing 100,000 enemies, etc? I think this will help add some longevity to the game outside of warbond progression.

I wonder if Arrowhead will add in-game benchmarks, but I hope they do not add benchmark DLC trophies. Based on experience, I do not believe adding more trophies will increase Helldivers 2's longevity in any significant way (e.g., keeping the player count consistently high over a 12-month period). Most of the HD2 player base doesn't care about trophies; they play the game because it is fun. Adding DLC trophies does not automatically equate to increasing a game's fun factor. In fact, the opposite is usually true; DLC trophies are often boring, grindy, manipulative requirements to strongarm players into sustaining a dying multiplayer game (looking at you, Battlefield: Hardline). It's been fifteen years since Sony introduced trophies; DLC trophies typically fail to bring casual players back to a game. I hope Arrowhead understands that, and I think they do.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:10 AM, Jinkelz said:

As long as they dont simply require time I dont mind trophies that require some kind of "farming", yet they are not inherently fun or increase the amount of fun a game provides.

I doubt they really help a game stay relevant anyhow you look at it, either the game is fun without these trophies, then people will stick.

^Agreed. If a multiplayer game is fun, people will stick. Helldivers 2 is fun. Many people will eventually move on, but I think this game is going to be like Titanfall 2. There will be a hardcore fan base playing it years from now.

I really like how the Warbonds are not timed like a typical battle pass. This allows casual players to unlock everything at their own pace. This may be another factor that keeps the community coming back to Helldivers 2 over the long run.