What is the best requirements for Steam?

Hi guys, I'm a bit lost on how to operate Steam hardware wise. I know certain games have low requirements but many have high. So I came to ask for your opinion on how to buy the right laptop. I need to know if AMD graphics cards are okay or just stick with Nvidia. I also want to know (as the question asks) the highest and lowest requirements you think I should stick to. 

Thanks guys in advance. 

I don't prefer buying a laptop. Purchasing a desktop will save you much especially if you're building your own PC. I don't know if you're getting into PC gaming or its just one of those "I'll play PC gaming sometimes but mostly its console". If thats the case then stick with amd. If not I prefer going with the good stuff which would be EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 SC Series 2. They go about $200-300 depending on where you're going to purchase them. 

Overall, if you're wanting to buy a factory built laptop then AMD is good enough to make the graphics look smooth on screen; but I don't prefer PC gaming on laptops. Just not my taste..  :S

I don't prefer buying a laptop. Purchasing a desktop will save you much especially if you're building your own PC. I don't know if you're getting into PC gaming or its just one of those "I'll play PC gaming sometimes but mostly its console". If thats the case then stick with amd. If not I prefer going with the good stuff which would be EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 SC Series 2. They go about $200-300 depending on where you're going to purchase them. 

Overall, if you're wanting to buy a factory built laptop then AMD is good enough to make the graphics look smooth on screen; but I don't prefer PC gaming on laptops. Just not my taste..  :S

I also said that to my mother but she insist that we have no space. I'll probably convince and that free tablet she's getting is also a booster.  :ninja:

Edited by Dirty Stinking Hobo

It's not as hard as you think, I don't have too much experience but I've already decided on a computer I'm getting shortly and I know I'll be getting my money's worth. 

You could make it easier for yourself and actually look for some computers you like and then you can have a selection and see which one will be best for you, hardware-wise too.

It's not as hard as you think, I don't have too much experience but I've already decided on a computer I'm getting shortly and I know I'll be getting my money's worth. 

You could make it easier for yourself and actually look for some computers you like and then you can have a selection and see which one will be best for you, hardware-wise too.

The ones that best suit me are desktops but my mother ain't having none of it. I'll find a way tho I'm sure of it. 

The ones that best suit me are desktops but my mother ain't having none of it. I'll find a way tho I'm sure of it. 

get Alienware, there aint anything better than a alienware! Im sure shell appreciate the cost. I mean she want a laptop afterall.

Water and heat. Ba-doom-tish! I'm here all night.

It depends on your budget and the games you want to play. Have a look at the Minimum and Recommended Specs for those games.

This will help too - http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/. Click each line to pop-out the % of users using each hardware component. Based on that information, figure out what you can afford and go from there.

Most people will say NVDIA cards without a second thought however with the 'next gen' consoles who all are very similar and use AMD parts this may become a trend, same thing can be said about the cpus since devs are finally utilizing more than 2 cores.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test