Halo 5: Guardians Announced, Coming in 2015

Parker

While we obviously knew there was a Halo in development, 343 finally announced the game as well as gave a little information on it. 

343 Industries has revealed that Halo 5: Guardians will launch on Xbox One in the fall of 2015.

Bonnie Ross, general manager at 343, made the announcement on a blog post that detailed the future of the Halo franchise as a whole. Ross talked about Master Chief's next journey, saying, "Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

The game will run "at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we've been dreaming of for more than a decade," and will also be powered by a new engine.

We got our first glimpse at the next generation of Halo at Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference, which featured a short teaser showcasing the iconic character trudging across a desert in a poncho.

Ross also hinted at what we'd see from the franchise at this year's E3, stating, "Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a 'journey,' rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited [about] the special plans we have in store."

Hero_Halo5-610x343.jpg

We'll have much more on the future of Halo leading up to and through E3 next month.

Source: IGN

While I wasn't a huge fan of Halo 4 (it was definitely fun though) I when this comes out the Xbone will see a pretty big surge in sales. Not only can it be had for the same price as the PS4 now, one of the most successful franchises of all time will be on the system so that is sure to attract Xbox fans who haven't picked up an Xbone yet. Halo 4 looked absolutely amazing on the 360 so I am interested to see just how good this will look on the Xbone. 

Edit: And a piece of concept art has been released.

halo-5-guardians-concept-dffa4072fcb44c6

Parker

having purchased Halo 3 (not finishing it) Halo 4 (Not finishing it) its obvious Halo is not for me, but happy for the people who love the franchise...I tried to get into it...didn't work. I'll happily wait for the next Gears of War. 

Halo: Combat Evolved, Reach and ODST are the best in the franchise in my opinion. Combat Evolved may be one of the best shooters of all time, if you haven't played that one I really think you're missing out on a great experience. But yeah, Halo 3 sucked ass (not as much ass a 2 though) and Halo 4 wasn't all that great either. 

Parker