An extremely missed opertunity that would have actually been fun and rewarding...

what if... instead of getting some crappy ribbons or gimmicky items for beating bonds of friendship and to be a hero.... you could add sephiroth and zack to your party for the main game and side quests and everything, imagine how cool that would be getting there materia and thos characters and being able to use them in your playthrough in exchange of characters in some sections, maybe secret dialogue and cutscenes with them being in your party during certain sections, that would be 10x better then what we got or for the shitty reward johny gives you which is another crappy mini game reward.

i would have loved on hard mdoe ahving zacki or sephiroth on my team, casually playing through story and customising them... sadly they missed out ona  cool idea.

let me know what you gusy think, or what you would have liked in the game.

• Like 2

Sure. Lets party up with the great antagonist of the story just to beat...the great antagonist of the story!? Nahhh
Oh wait: now we can create a party of cloud, zack and aerith just to complicate one of the main plots of the whole story? Nahhh

I know that this game (Rebirth) ,which is part of the story we know, is more gimmiky and yakuza-like in many many situations and scenes than the first one (Remake)..but this would break the immersion way too hard.
Rebirth even needed to get darker as it gets at the end.
But thats just my opinion.

The only thing im missing so far is the fight vs the triceratank, which will probably happen in Part 3 when the party is hunting the big materias. And the strange enemy that swings on a pendulum at the shinra mansion in nibelheim. but i will say this: Square has another big game for us in a few years and im convinced they will deliver even more than they did with rebirth.

(Sorry..english isnt my native language)

2 hours ago, Sarsky said:

what if... instead of getting some crappy ribbons or gimmicky items for beating bonds of friendship and to be a hero.... you could add sephiroth and zack to your party for the main game and side quests and everything, imagine how cool that would be getting there materia and thos characters and being able to use them in your playthrough in exchange of characters in some sections, maybe secret dialogue and cutscenes with them being in your party during certain sections, that would be 10x better then what we got or for the shitty reward johny gives you which is another crappy mini game reward.

i would have loved on hard mdoe ahving zacki or sephiroth on my team, casually playing through story and customising them... sadly they missed out ona  cool idea.

let me know what you gusy think, or what you would have liked in the game.

In theory yes, would have been cool. But in terms of the game itself, wouldn't have worked thematically. It would be paradoxical to the events of the story.

That said, I would've personally been fine with having access to them for doing other Combat Simulator things, like being able to use them for things like Rulers of the Outer Worlds, or having their own Brutal Challenge unlocked after clearing their respective Legendary Challenge or something.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 8:50 AM, Ruffneck_DeWitt said:

Sure. Lets party up with the great antagonist of the story just to beat...the great antagonist of the story!? Nahhh
Oh wait: now we can create a party of cloud, zack and aerith just to complicate one of the main plots of the whole story? Nahhh

I know that this game (Rebirth) ,which is part of the story we know, is more gimmiky and yakuza-like in many many situations and scenes than the first one (Remake)..but this would break the immersion way too hard.

The only thing im missing so far is the fight vs the triceratank, which will probably happen in Part 3 when the party is hunting the big materias. And the strange enemy that swings on a pendulum at the shinra mansion in nibelheim. but i will say this: Square has another big game for us in a few years and im convinced they will deliver even more than they did with rebirth.

It would have obviously been a non-canon thing. Nobody is saying Sephiroth or Zack should have joined the party for the story itself, just a fun bonus thing you can unlock after you've beaten the game.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 1:50 PM, Ruffneck_DeWitt said:

dude if you beat the story once and literally did all the vr missions, who would care about the story at that point lmao or the canon or consistancy? most people would probably fed up or probably be satisfied completing these challenges, i think getting more gameplay opportunity or time with sephiroth/zack as  a playable character would be really fun and more interesting then a literal piano piece...

i really hate after everything you do in this game your end rewards is literally just a stupid piano piece... i really wanted more opportunities to play zack and sephiroth and making them playable in main story or side quests or whatever would have been great, or they could have done something.

either way sorry late reply, and your grammar and structures amazing! don't worry about it 😃

• Like 2