Finder’s Token (confirmation & warning)

Aodeyn

Lots of conflicting information online about this and people asking for confirmation so I’ve found this to be true

for the Sphinx riddle of Rumination you are required to find your Finders Token (located in the exact spot you found your first Seekers Token) if you are doing this riddle in NG+ your Finders Token will not be where you found your first Seekers Token, instead it will be where you found your first Seekers Token on your current play through

this can obviously be harder to recollect so something to be mindful of

• Like 1

A friend told me to remember my first seeker token so I went into the game with that in mind. When I got to the riddle that asked for the finders token, to my surprise I couldn’t find it where I thought I first looted a seeker token.

I had to go around looking for every single seeker token location in the interactive map. Turns out I must have accidentally looted a token while looting Saurians near CRT.

My tip to anyone starting: after finishing the tutorial and arriving at Borderwatch, just get your first seeker token on the roof of the smithy and avoid this nuisance.

On 3/27/2024 at 11:23 AM, Aodeyn said:

Lots of conflicting information online about this and people asking for confirmation so I’ve found this to be true

for the Sphinx riddle of Rumination you are required to find your Finders Token (located in the exact spot you found your first Seekers Token) if you are doing this riddle in NG+ your Finders Token will not be where you found your first Seekers Token, instead it will be where you found your first Seekers Token on your current play through

this can obviously be harder to recollect so something to be mindful of

I went through NG+ with this in mind yet I cant find it in either location. Nor NG's first nor NG+'s first token. What a cursed quest.

Edited by Penguin_Skeleton

9 hours ago, Penguin_Skeleton said:

I went through NG+ with this in mind yet I cant find it in either location. Nor NG's first nor NG+'s first token. What a cursed quest.

Well that is strange I trust you are not mistaken and are checking the right correct spots, this contradicts my advice so maybe I am wrong

what I’ve explained was still true in my case so I don’t know what to say, I guess the best thing to do for any new comers is to follow the advice of picking up the first available Seekers Token or take a screenshot of your first one

anyone on NG+ is gonna have to hope it works out the same way it did for me in the OP or solve the riddle the hard way 

5 hours ago, Aodeyn said:

Well that is strange I trust you are not mistaken and are checking the right correct spots, this contradicts my advice so maybe I am wrong

what I’ve explained was still true in my case so I don’t know what to say, I guess the best thing to do for any new comers is to follow the advice of picking up the first available Seekers Token or take a screenshot of your first one

anyone on NG+ is gonna have to hope it works out the same way it did for me in the OP or solve the riddle the hard way 

i would also suggest backing up the save to the cloud storage as the sphinx to make mention that 7 days should be enough to find your token, so i assume if you take longer than 7 ingame days to find it you'll fail the riddle.

8 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

i would also suggest backing up the save to the cloud storage as the sphinx to make mention that 7 days should be enough to find your token, so i assume if you take longer than 7 ingame days to find it you'll fail the riddle.

Or you can simply rest at an Inn and use that as a Hard Save to return to if the days are up.

• Like 1