Long and Winding Road unlocked...

Eispan

When I did not even start playing except create a character.  I was hoping not to get any trophies, just play a bit to get that PlayStation Stars Jim Ryan collectible... and this happened.  I really had no intention of playing this game actually, now I might be force to play it.  I surely hope 100% trophy completion is not hard or that some trophies will require a squad of 4 players.  Got tricked into believing trophies will not pop the moment we start the game.  Got hoodwinked by this, but it says reach Level 20, I am not even Level 0 I believe.  What the actual...

So now I am worried the trophies in this game are bugged.  Possibly others not popping when requirements are met.  I do not think I can undo this without deleting the console's data and in effect deleting all captured game videos in the process?

The ironic thing, the PS Star collectible did not unlock... a few others did even when I have the game.  Missed quite a few last month.  Another game that will bring down my completion percentage. FTS man!

Edited by Eispan
Too late, trophies seemed to have auto synched.

Just now, Eispan said:

When I did not even start playing except create a character.  I was hoping not to get any trophies, just play a bit to get that PlayStation Stars Jim Ryan collectible... and this happened.  I really had no intention of playing this game actually, now I might be force to play it.  I surely hope 100% trophy completion is not hard or that some trophies will require a squad of 4 players.  Got tricked into believing trophies will not pop the moment we start the game.  Got hoodwinked by this, but it says reach Level 20, I am not even Level 0 I believe.  What the actual...

So now I am worried the trophies in this game are bugged.  Possibly others not popping when requirements are met.  I do not think I can undo this without deleting the console's data and in effect deleting all captured game videos in the process?

The ironic thing, the PS Star collectible did not unlock... a few others did even when I have the game.  Missed quite a few last month.  Another game that will bring down my completion percentage. FTS man!

It's quite a grind to be honest and you are talking easily 100+ hours, even with boosting. If I could go back and not start this, I would. It is my biggest regret on my trophy list next to Genshin Impact. I made it super close to the 100% but in the end just gave up and am now hoping that closer to when the game dies, they will just make the grindier stuff easier to obtain. In short, I loved it up until the utterly unrewarding Seal and Badge grind.

Honestly I would just hide that single trophy you got and carry on. But if you want to commit to it, I put a few tips here:

Getting started

First and foremost - Research each trophy and make a plan. Then you'll need to put some time into gearing up your class of choice as much as possible and also be relatively decent at playing it in a group, learning different level layouts and optimal ways to play. Learning your class fully will make trophies for the harder difficulty group missions more doable for you and for the people you are playing with.

Join a clan

While you are doing that, find a big and active clan that you can become part of. Get to know people and start grouping, this will make some of the harder difficulty stuff much easier. Especially if you have figured out how each other plays.

Slight changes to base game raid trophy

There is a trophy in the main list for completing the Leviathan Raid, but that was removed from the game, so all you need to do is complete a Nightfall Strike on Grandmaster difficulty (also something you will need to be fully geared up for).

DLC trophy list is the main grind

The DLC trophy list is probably the most time consuming part of the 100%. You have to run a mechanically intense raid with a full raid group which will take some planning and coordination. You'll also need to do a Forsaken Nightfall Strike, which is sort of time-gated because Nightfall strikes rotate, so you'll have to wait between now and the end of the year for one to rotate in to be able to complete.

Beware of badges and seals

The biggest grind comes from Completing a collections badge, obtaining a triumph seal and earning 5,000 triumph points. The grind to get the seal and the collections badge is intense and depending on which one you start working towards is a make or break for the 100%.

Bungie trophy support

The final thing i'll say is - Bungie do not care about these trophies any more, they've pretty much given up supporting them. They could really just go ahead now and make alot of the grindier stuff easy to obtain, but they just leave them as they are.

Edited by Buff_Cupcake
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the inputs.  For what it is, without thinking about the trophies the game is kind of fun.  Gives me that Resistance vibe.  I am still at the early stages, I just unlocked fast travel.  But based on what you are saying, this beginning of the game is probably just a smokescreen.  It does sound like a terrible grind on how you describe it. 

I will probably just set this aside for now and delete the game.  It is 107GB and that is a lot of bloat to leave on our meagre 500GB console.  Got the two PS Stars collectible with one for playing the game.  In the end it did not seem worth the trouble.

Edited by Eispan
​ Damn it Jim Ryan, I blame you for this! 😁 ​
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Eispan said:

Thanks for the inputs.  For what it is, without thinking about the trophies the game is kind of fun.  Gives me that Resistance vibe.  I am still at the early stages, I just unlocked fast travel.  But based on what you are saying, this beginning of the game is probably just a smokescreen.  It does sound like a terrible grind on how you describe it. 

I will probably just set this aside for now and delete the game.  It is 107GB and that is a lot of bloat to leave on our meagre 500GB console.  Got the two PS Stars collectible with one for playing the game.  In the end it did not seem worth the trouble.

I probably didn't sound it, but I am actually a fan of the game 😂. I had some great times working on that platinum. But I joined very late in the lifecycle, so it was quite hard to follow the storylines and events that had occured in the previous years of game content. Some of it wasn't available or was often hard to follow. I relied alot on YouTube story recaps to help me feel more established.

If you do change your mind and start playing, feel free to add me on PSN, happy to help answer any questions around it. The game is a mess, but it is a fun mess.

• Like 1

I will have you in mind, thanks for the offer!  If I was not on this crazy project of mine for stacking 'hundred percenter' games I would have carried on playing this right now.  I left quite a few other 'platinum-able' with 1-2 easy trophies unearned so they do not break the streak or chain when they do get completed.

Also realised that this glitched trophy was earned on April 1 - what a terrible joke Bungie did on me for this one! 

As someone who recently started to clean this game up i can totally agree with the point that this game is really a grind.

To be fair i got lucky, got most of the Base Game Trophies back in 2022 so i arent had much to get for it, but going for the Forsaken Trophies was a whole other experience.

In case of "Seal the Deal" i was able to get the Seasonal "Champ" Badge which (in this Season) was just getting all Challenges for the (now expired) "Guardian Games" Event done so i aren't had to deal with Badges for Gambit etc. (Which is the most easiest one after the one i did and even for the Champ Badge i needed to invest like 30 Hours)

Also it could be possible that the "Exotique" and the "An Exotic Journey" are currently glitched in a good way.

Trophy Guide said that these Trophies won't pop by getting duplicates of Exotics, it seems like it needs to be 10 and 15 different exotics, this was different in my case, i unlocked "Exotique" at 9 Exotics and "An Exotic Journey" at 10 Exotics which means that it could be possible that (at least at the moment) duplicates of exotics will also count for it which could help you getting this Trophy easier. (Reminder: You need to buy the "Forsaken" DLC in order to be able to earn the Forsaken Trophies)

Another Trophy where i got lucky with is "Wishing for the best" i've searched an lobby for this one, joined an random and got completely carried through this Raid in less than an hour.

But tbh I haven't had as much fun playing an online game as grinding Destiny 2 in a long time. Sometimes the game is thankless and you waste time because teammates aren't the best and you lose another gambit/crucible match, but sometimes it's so rewarding when, for example, you finally get this grindy limited Event Badge done or some random suddenly carries you through one of the hardest dungeons just because he likes playing it anyway and knows it inside out. And that feeling getting these harder trophies done is priceless! :D

You should also consider starting to go for the "Fashion Statement" Trophy in case you want to do the easiest Badge (Destination: Red War) since getting the Badge itself would be easy and still is the easiest, its just really luck based on when Xûr got one of the 2 Sets he offers for this Badge in his Weekly Shop.

You can check where is he currently is on [This Website], in terms of which Armor he has in Stock you should take a look every now and then for new Videos on [This Youtube Channel] which is posting the shortest but most useful Overviews for Xûrs Shop.

Mainly you would want the "Gensym Knight" and the "Lost Pacific" Set for the Badge from him but he also offers Red War and Forsaken Exotics every now and then which will help you getting the related Exotic Trophies so you should take a glimpse on that too!)

Note: Xûr is only available from friday to tuesday, on tuesday he will vanish and spawn on friday at a different location.

And here i am 150+ hours into the game still needing the Fashion Statement Trophy and the Master Nightfall + Grandmaster Nightfall for the 100%.

[The Nightfall trophies are probably unattainable for me because I'm just far too bad at the mode and would have to be absolutely carried again lol]

Edited by Kriimaar
  • Like 2

HAHHAHAHAHA oh my dude, I had the same problem months ago for a fucking ps stars price. I have to say that Destiny 2 is MUCH easier than 1, and I personally didn't played with randoms or people at all (talking in a squad I mean). I only decided to tackle Destiny 2 because I finished Destiny 1 with some friends and this one was sitting in my backlog with the level 20 trophy unlocked a year back.

NOTHING is glitched, they just changed requirements back and forth and some things left inconsistent on descriptions. About your "problem", Bungie just gave level 20 to everyone I believe.

I just send another guy a message on psnp with all the info I remember from the Forsaken DLC, the base game is straightforward enough:

OK my man, sorry for the delay, lot of work to do... As you may know, some things can be a bit grindy or even be unavailable for some time due to rotation, but here's the info y remember:

Legends Grow - 5k Triumph points: Just play and complete any triumphs you like. You'll get some anyways while working for the badge trophy. I did the Europa Explorer collection and got a bunch of trumphs points.

Exotique - 10 forsaken exotic weapons: You maybe already got some. This is easy as you can get a lot from Xur but yeah, once a week. Sometimes at the tower you an get one too. You need to look for weapons with that forsaken symbol (like two F's).

Seal The Deal - Complete a seal: This was super grindy back in the day as only 2 oe 3 seals counted towards the trophy for some reason. The good news is that in some recent patch they unlocked the trophy for all seals so maybe you already have one unlocked or close to. Just stick to what you want to play. I did one of the seasonal ones on christmas and it was just playing matches on PvE. It took a while but didn't need any luck like Dredgen or people for the Raids.

Fashion Statement - Complete a collection: Again, it depends on he one you stick to. I did the Europa Explorer as it was playing on Europa doing missions and such, no need to do Raids or PvP, but some say some of the Destinations: Red War are easy too.

Heart of the Awoken - Go to Dreaming City: Just go to the Dreaming City. It was unlocked for me from the start, maybe it changed in any update. Just travel there.

An Exotic Journey - Complete an exotic quest: You need to finish a quest where the reward is an exotic. There's a lot and maybe you'll complete one along the way (people use to go for the Malfeasance or the Wishender bow).

High Stakes Play - Win a gambit match: Just as easi as that, play and win one match. If you want to do the Dredgen Seal you'll play hundreds.

Darkness Falls - Defeat a Forsaken boss: OK this is problematic, as you don't always have one of the Forsaken nigntfalls on rotation or even on the season. When I started playing there wasn't one, so It was like months for me until season changed and one of the nightfalls was on rotation. You want to play Warden of Nothing or The Corrupted (there used to be a couple more but they were removed).

Nothing Left to Say - Complete the Shattered Throne dungeon: It's a dungeon inside the Dreaming City. Is a bit hard and you may want a team of 3 (not as hard as a raid but harder that a strike). You can get the Wishender exotique in this dungeon by doing some things. Better watch a video, but it's easy.

Wishing for the Best - Complete the Last Wish Raid: OK this may seem hard, and it is if doing it legit BUT there's a way. Now you can look for squads inside the game and in the Destiny 2 mobile app. Ingame you can search squads for the raid and look if some say "last checkpoint" or "6th checkpoint" or similar. If you manage to get one of these, you'll be only playing the final section of the raid, the Queenswalk, and if all 6 players know what to do, is just 5 minutes of running and killing mobs. No bosses, no hard things to do.

Anyway, good luck! Remember that the game autopops trophies between versions, so If you get all trophies on ps4 version, just download and start the ps5 version and all trophies will pop again!

It seems The Corrupted is in rotation this season:

Edited by breakXedge
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the inputs.  I will refer to this thread when I start getting serious with Destiny 2.  I hope it will not end up like another Black Ops' multiplayer zombie trophies.  Those Easter eggs were a brick wall for me without my former younger squad (got disbanded because they had to go to university).  Looks like I also have to get cracking now and chip off a trophy here and there to take advantage of the 'good glitched trophies'.

When it comes to generous Game Devs giving away trophies like Halloween candies, I wished it was Rockstar Games just gifting all of the unachievers with the Criminal Mastermind trophy.  This I will surely not complain about 😜

I used to load up a game on a different account and just press :ps: to move to my main when it comes to PlayStation Stars unlocks to avoid loading up trophies - though it had always been just 0% in the list which I just delete afterwards.  I do not know why I did not do it this time.  Mea Culpa.

Again thanks for all your inputs about how to go about with the game.

Edited by Eispan
Really appreciate it folks!