Maxing out all SL in NG+

So I played P3R blindly during my first playthrough so I can relieve the nostalgia back in the day I played it on the PS2 and PSP. I just have one question though before going to NG+ since I'm planing to get the platinum.

So we need Max Out all Social Links in order to pop the "A Legacy of Friendship" trophies. So I just want to ask is if it's safe to max out all SL in NG+ without following a guide?

I know for certain that you should prioritize some SL over the others like Akinari's SL since he only show up during Sundays. And also prioritize some SL that unlock other SL like Yuko which unlock Mutatsu. And also prioritize maxing SLs that our tied to club activities since you can't bond with them during exams and when there's no classes.

So, should I follow a guide or I'll be safe if I prioritize the above mentioned?

It's possible without a guide, but it can get close. I would suggest a guide for the general stuff like what's needed to unlock each link. I had eight days to spare when I finished the Aigis social link in January. The main social links to prioritize are the after school classmate social links as there are A LOT of them, and they are only available on school days. Another thing to keep in mind are the dating site slips found in Club Escapade starting on 11/11. You can use these with the dorm computer to boost social link points in the evenings.

Edited by ScottyDaHotty2

7 minutes ago, ScottyDaHotty2 said:

Another thing to keep in mind are the dating site slips found in Club Escapade starting on 11/11. You can use these with the dorm computer to boost social link points in the evenings.

Yeah, already know about those things. I got 99 of them right now but I'm not sure if they're going to be carried over.

I'm sure it's a lot easier in ng+ without a guide, since you won't waste time on social stats. I can see it coming naturally actually. 

I'm in the middle of the first playthrough and I came to realization that I won't be able to max all SLs, so I'll have to do a ng+ run

I've just completed my NG+ run dedicated solely on social links (I missed completion by only two days on my first blind playthrough 😔) and it took me about 14 hours in total to get that last trophy.

I would say it's quite easy to do it without a guide, as you don't have to focus on social stats. All you need to do is to follow these simple rules: always prioritize school links when they're available + those Sunday SL (Maya and Akinari). Also, make sure to always bring a Persona of the matching arcana with you. Finally, you may appreciate the SL boost provided by the URLs sold at Club Escapade, starting 11/11.

It wasn't even mid-December when I was done with everyone, except Aigis of course, since her SL only becomes available by January 8th.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kurayzeru said:

I've just completed my NG+ run dedicated solely on social links (I missed completion by only two days on my first blind playthrough 😔) and it took me about 14 hours in total to get that last trophy.

any tips on how you've done it this quick? 

also just to be sure, I can ignore all of Elizabeth's requests, right? 

On 4/13/2024 at 11:21 AM, TalalHmd said:

I'm sure it's a lot easier in ng+ without a guide, since you won't waste time on social stats. I can see it coming naturally actually.

Unlike the later games, NG+ doesn't make social links much easier. Almost every social link is available during the daytime and the majority of your social stat boosting is done in the evening. Having max Charm gave a slight point boost in the original games and Portable which would eliminate a couple "no rank-up" hangouts, but I don't know if that was carried over to Reload.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2024 at 4:59 AM, TalalHmd said:

any tips on how you've done it this quick? 

also just to be sure, I can ignore all of Elizabeth's requests, right? 

Sorry for the late reply. Not sure what kind of tips you were expecting, but I'll try to list a few:

- Obviously, play in the easiest difficulty and bring enough money from your previous run to summon your best demons for Tartarus, and the cheapest of each arcana when you're working on the matching SL.

- Fast forward all dialogues and don't bother giving proper answers when asked; except during SL events, of course. Following a guide on a day-to-day basis isn't necessary as I said in my previous post, but when choices matter, make sure to know what gives the most points to not waste your time.

- Ignore all enemies in Tartarus, all you have to do is run and fight only the mandatory bosses. Maybe also a few gold hands here and there if you want to help your other characters get some XP boost, but they'll quickly catch up anyway and MC will be your main source of damage throughout the run (Megidolaon will one-shot most enemies, if not cast Concentrate beforehand and that's a closed case).

- I couldn't resist doing some linked episodes to buff the characters, and talking to Elisabeth to clear those already completed requests so I wouldn't see that exclamation mark on the map, but that's totally optional.

- Fast travel as much as possible and spend most of your nights going to bed, since there isn't much to do when the only two night SL are unvailable or already completed, and if you're up-to-date with Tartarus.

That's it for what comes to my mind, hoping it helps! As long as you master the game mechanics and know what you're doing, those ~14 hours are easy to reach, and I'm sure this time could definitely be improved. 😉

• Like 1