Trophy Thoughts

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Yeah that and the tranq rifle seem to be the best bet. There’s no one weapon that can do everything. 

Tranq rifle for the biggest fish like sharks, steel net gun for tuna and all the small-med size fish. 

Yes you only need to raise 5, not 5 different ones. I got the trophy with 4 unique ones and the same one twice.

However if you do want to get all the different ones, there is a great guide here which has charts showing you how to get every different type:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3008411747

Wow really, that's great. I wasn't actually expecting a yes to that question. thank you. There isn't that much information on the internet about such details of dave the diver.  So I'm glad I found out about this before putting so much effort. 

Edited by DarkBoyx32
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

what grind are you talking about, The level 20 staff I’m assuming? I didn’t find it that bad but I do really enjoy the game so that always makes it easier.

Think of it this way, they could have made you do 100% game completion for the plat which would have made the grind a whole lot worse lol 

I looked at his trophies and it looks like he might have rushed through the story a bit. For example,  he finished the story before even reaching platin rank in cooksta, I unlocked that trophy around chapter 4. I assume he barely touched the fish farm and farm until he finished the story, therefore I can see him spending quite some time for the level 20 employee and highest rank of cooksta trophies after completing the story.

IMO there are only two "grindy" trophies.

1. the mjolnir one ( if you are unlucky)

2. the tamagochi minigame, especially if you started it towards the end or after the story. It is painful.

Diamond rank in cooksta and having enough money to upgrade an employee to level 20 should come around the time you finish the story or shortly after.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

I looked at his trophies and it looks like he might have rushed through the story a bit. For example,  he finished the story before even reaching platin rank in cooksta, I unlocked that trophy around chapter 4. I assume he barely touched the fish farm and farm until he finished the story, therefore I can see him spending quite some time for the level 20 employee and highest rank of cooksta trophies after completing the story.

IMO there are only two "grindy" trophies.

1. the mjolnir one ( if you are unlucky)

2. the tamagochi minigame, especially if you started it towards the end or after the story. It is painful.

Diamond rank in cooksta and having enough money to upgrade an employee to level 20 should come around the time you finish the story or shortly after.

Yeah I agree. I was just looking at my trophies for the first time I platinumed it then; I got the diamond cooksta 2 hours after watching the credits.

Honestly though I think that’s because I didn’t know what dish would get a best taste score high enough to get it, I had all the other qualifications already.

Now that I know a good dish to get diamond cooksta (Narwhale) I have a feeling I will get that trophy earlier on my second playthrough before the credits roll.

For the level 20 staff, on my first playthrough I basically leveled the first employee only until they got to 20. Now on my second run I’m testing leveling everyone equally then grinding someone to 20 in the end. I have a feeling you will have more cash flow throughout the whole game doing it this way.

If anyone cares, I think the best staff setup is:

Cooks:

-Bancho

-Maki

-James

-Yone

Servers:

-Kyoko

-Drae or Cohh (undecided)

-El Nino

-Raptor

Procure:

-Masayoshi

-Davina

This setup will give you 4 employees for the main restaurant and 4 for the branch, with an extra 2 for procurement 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does the basic underwater rifle count for the weapon collector trophy like the guide says? I completed the side mission and i got the gun in my inventory but the counter is still at 0/8. Do I need to craft it again or something?

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Real_Colinio said:

Does the basic underwater rifle count for the weapon collector trophy like the guide says? I completed the side mission and i got the gun in my inventory but the counter is still at 0/8. Do I need to craft it again or something?

Yes it does but you only need to get the blueprints, crafting the guns isn't needed (at least it wasn't when I got this trophy with the 1.05 patch).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes it does but you only need to get the blueprints, crafting the guns isn't needed (at least it wasn't when I did got this trophy with the 1.05 patch).

I just collected a second blueprint and now the counter updated to 2/8. I don't know why it was stuck at 0/8(maybe it was intended? Idk) but it's all good now.