Questions for 100%

Starting this next on ps5 and I have a few questions for 100%ing it as efficiently as possible since I already played it once back then to avoid spoilers. Anyway, here are my questions:

1) What's the bare minimum number of playthroughs? Not sure but I took a glance and it looks like 2-3 playthroughs, 1st for collectibles, 2nd for upgrades and 3rd for Perma-death & Grounded? Maybe 2 if you can combine upgrades and the 2 DLC trophies?

2) Do you need a ps+ subscription to earn all "No Return" DLC trophies?

3) Can you do the workaround to retry the daily challenge for the "May Your Death Be Swift" trophy with USB stick backup instead of cloud backup? 

1. For me it took two playthroughs.
    • Playthrough one involved picking up all the collectables I could get (any I’ve missed would be gathered via chapter select after beating the game) plus other misc. trophies.
    • Playthrough two was for the grounded + permadeath (lowest setting) add-on trophies plus gathering as much resources as possible for unlocking all skills + all arms fully upgrade...
      Spoiler

...which I did not long before Abby vs. the “Rat King".

2. I seriously don’t think so.
  3. Nope. For PS5 titles, SIE refuses to provide customers the ability to back up their save files through any means other than being an active PS Plus subscriber (any tier).
Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

For the "May Your Death Be Swift" trophy, You can use all combat accessibilty to make it much easier. You can also use high contrast display to see ennemies much better. With those on, this trophy is a joke. 

Edited by HyXkeR
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dry said:
  1. For me it took two playthroughs. P1 involved picking up all the collectables I could get (any I’ve missed would be gathered via chapter select after beating the game) plus other misc. trophies. P2 was for the grounded + permadeath (lowest setting) add-on trophies plus gathering as much resources as possible for unlocking all skills + all arms fully upgraded (which I did not long before Abby vs. the “Rat King”).
  2. I seriously don’t think so.
  3. Nope. For PS5 titles, SIE refuses to provide customers the ability to back up their save files through any means other than being an active PS Plus subscriber (any tier).

Thanks for replying! 

1) Did you managed to earn enough parts and supplements on Grounded even though they are fewer than other difficulties? 

2) Is that a "no you don't need" or a "no you can't"? Sorry, just making sure because I don't have a subscription. 

3) That's a bummer... 

8 hours ago, KirbyLlama said:

I can't answer any of the others, but this one is easy.

No. PS5 saves cannot be backed up to usb, only online.

I can see the benefits and why they would do it, but it really feels like a step back especially for people like me who don't pay for subscription because they only buy physical and don't play multiplayer games. 

5 hours ago, HyXkeR said:

For the "May Your Death Be Swift" trophy, You can use all combat accessibilty to make it much easier. You can also use high contrast display to see ennemies much better. With those on, this trophy is a joke. 

Thanks for the advice! I'll check it when I start the DLC. 

19 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

1) Did you managed to earn enough parts and supplements on Grounded even though they are fewer than other difficulties? 

2) Is that a "no you don't need" or a "no you can't"? Sorry, just making sure because I don't have a subscription. 

3) That's a bummer...

1. Yup.
    • All thanks to me having enabled the “enhanced listening” accessibility option across both playthroughs.
  2. The Last Of Us, Part II is strictly a single player game.
    • Given this, SIE would be foolish to demand at least an essential tier PS Plus subscription for access to all its network features (which No Return daily runs fall under).
  3. Indeed.
Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

Yeah it's two playthroughs minimum, as even if you did your first playthrough on grounded permadeath and got all the collectibles, there aren't enough resources to fully upgrade both characters. Hell I think if you did it on grounded both times there still isn't enough (would require a partial third to get). First playthrough on a lower difficulty for more resources, then your second on grounded permadeath (per chapter), you can even cheese it with the accessibility options if needed.

For the May Your Death Be Swift DLC trophy, Optinoob on YouTube has a video on how to cheese it via a work around. Not sure if it still works as there have been a few patches to the game since, but it worked at the time he made the video.

• Like 1