Solo?!?!?

glitch1101-

Honestly, in my humble opinion, the story of FO76 is worse compared to FO4, which is my favourite game of the saga.

The truth is I am not following the story, just playing doing quests and killing mobs to improve my character. I like the gameplay, not the story.

I am playing solo too and I am enyoying the game, not as much as I did with FO4 but the game is ok.

On 4/24/2024 at 7:28 AM, glitch1101- said:

I will most likley rush through this game solo, in all honesty how is the game story and worbuilding wise compared to fallout 4?

Story is not great but it's not that bad. I did it everything solo back in the day and I'm moping up some trophies right now. Last mission is impossible by yourself (unless you're overpowered and overleveled) but still can play with people without having to talk. The only problem is that it seems it never ends. You just do the last mission but there's no cutscenes or conclussion. You just keep playing in the world with the same dailies, same operations, etc. If you're in it for the story, Fallout 4 was way better.

Anyways, if you want to play solo, the game is mainly broken for a melee character. The correct SPECIAL and weapons make you unkillable. There are lots of videos on youtube with builds.

I much prefer playing games solo, but this one passively benefits you while playing on a team. It is very easy to join a team, it's a simple menu option, you don't have to communicate with anyone or be invited. You have to choose the type of team you want to join (Casual and Events are the two most popular) and hit the join button as long as there is space on the team. The benefits includes buffs like increased Intelligence or XP bonuses for the number of people on the team. This is a passive thing, takes about 10 seconds to do, and you can go about doing quests without communicating with other people on the team. Being on a team is a simple way to increase stats or xp gain with a click of a button. Personally, this game was overwhelming when I first started and the teams thing took me a while to get.

As for this and Fallout 4, Fallout 4 in much better IMO. Better environmental storytelling, a denser world, and I thought the story in Fallout 4 was fairly well done. I'd say Fallout 76 has better base building. I honestly have no idea what the story is on this one, I just wanted to play another Fallout game!

Edited by cobaltTangerine
  • Like 1