Curious about the thoughts of people here for (hypothetical) 'Do It Again' trophy lists

SimmondsR

I can totally feel what you mean. After a few games I just had this feeling that I actually miss the task to earn those trophies again. I'm aware of the fact that I could just replay a game but earning the trophies was the fun part of it. That is actually one of the reasons why I created a new account recently - to earn trophies in some games I really enjoyed again.

It just gives me a feeling like playing a game for the first time again and just enjoying it like playing it for the first time. I actually played one game on two other accounts to earn the trophies and I am totally happy to earn the platinum a fourth time just because I enjoyed earning the trophies, not simply to play the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 11:07 AM, CecieAngel said:

I can totally feel what you mean. After a few games I just had this feeling that I actually miss the task to earn those trophies again. I'm aware of the fact that I could just replay a game but earning the trophies was the fun part of it. That is actually one of the reasons why I created a new account recently - to earn trophies in some games I really enjoyed again.

It just gives me a feeling like playing a game for the first time again and just enjoying it like playing it for the first time. I actually played one game on two other accounts to earn the trophies and I am totally happy to earn the platinum a fourth time just because I enjoyed earning the trophies, not simply to play the game.

Seems like quite a few people do this judging by the comments on this thread.

Maybe I'll try it one day but I think the take-away from this thread that I like the most is the Prestige idea and ideally the Prestige would take priority of multi-region unlocks to prevent shovel-ware spam.  Shame that Sony has like 0 interest in modifying the Trophy system in any way 🙃