Mimic_Pot0's Zero Tolerance Policy to Platinum Trophies

Hello! This is me, ProfSeajay7, on my third account. This account is special. As you can tell, I have created three accounts. The first, @ProfSeajay7, is my main account with the policy of trying to reach for 100% trophies on the account no matter how long it takes. The second, @Casillena_99, is the account dedicated to earning the platinum in any game that has one, but not trying to go Stone Cold John Cena on the DLC, since it's basically just Frustration City(like trying to do all the hard-mode challenges in Kingdom Hearts III Re:MIND).

But this account is special. You see, there are games I would love to play, but I can't touch as it's the platinum journey itself which follows the 4-F motto. Not the Girl Scout 4-F, but the (squeak)ING FURIOUS FRUSTRATION (kweh!)HOUSE!!!!

As you can tell, I have very little patience with difficulty-based trophies or mini-game trophies and when the first review I got from someone who got the platinum for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth exploded into a geyster of vulgar profanities and dark Satanic statements about butchering horsebirds to make fried chocobo wings, I realized that I had to create Account #3.

Why not just stay away from the games like the plague? Well, I have... and that severely limits what I can do gaming-wise. People gave so much hype to the Final Fantasy VII Remake, but those people probably are just going to casual play to the end of the story and then delete it to make room for something else like, oh, Tales of the Shire. :lol:

I want to feel that experience, but I have the mental issue known as Jirard's Syndrome(completic anxiety). This guy, Jirard "Dragonrider" Khalil, is known as The Completionist, and his goal is to 100% every game he plays and he has a Youtube series called "The Completionist" where he reviews every game he completes 100%, and this includes DLC! I've watched many of his episodes of this show. He completes games so you don't have to, because my gawd, some of his hits are terrible. He had an episode where he went insane after playing the god-awful Sonic 'O6 DLC. :( Follow THIS LINK if you want to see his videos, then go support him because my gawd, he definitely needs the finances to keep him interested in completing games.

EDIT: I have watched Jirard's video response about this charity fraud and I realized that maybe I burned a few bridges by mentioning that guy's name. I apologize, I didn't mean to offend. :(

I too want to complete every game I do... and that's not possible with these titles I have below. I mean, I COULD complete them... if I had a huge support group, a ton of time, and I had my brain implanted in an android body so I could forego sleep, food and toilet duty and become immortal. Once I actually got to Roxas on Critical Mode, and he kicked my @$$ so many times I rage quit. (I know there are cheeze strats, I've watched so many videos of people playing the Kingdom Hearts 2 Randomizer.)

Point is, I love the game, I just do not love their trophies. So I created this account and starting playing Kingdom Hearts II on it. The games on this list are going to remain forever incomplete... and therefore I made a plan.

This account will have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on platinum trophies. Yep, that's right. The goal of this account is to make the first account that will NEVER have a platinum trophy on it! That means I can buy the games, play them until I am satisfied(usually by finishing the story and maybe doing a few fun sidequests) and then I will delete the game and the save data. However, my brain needs a dopamine hit with this account, and then it hit me...

L29247c.png

Not all games have a platinum trophy.

That's right. Some games are not allowed to have platinums, so there's nothing lost by not completing those games. However, I might complete those games as, since they have no platinum trophy, there is no rush to complete them. In fact, I might do the A-Z non-platinum challenge to see if I could get all 26 letters of the alphabet on this account! ^_^

Anyways, I'll be listing the games I am going to play on this account below. If you feel like judging me, go right ahead, but this is going to be my casual trophy account, something I can pop off to when I don't feel like trying to grind out FATEs in FFXIV on @Casillena_99 or working on any platinum trophies on @ProfSeajay7.

The Ground Rules:

1. ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY. If a game on this list has a platinum trophy, it won't be earned, usually because a trophy is just too damn frustrating to me.
  2. One run of the game and then it gets deleted. No exceptions. ZERO TOLERANCE. That means completing the story and maybe earning a few trophies I feel I can handle.
  3. If the game has no platinum trophy, I'll try to complete it, but no promises. I can't work miracles and if a trophy frustrates the heck out of me, then it gets deleted. 😜
  4. The account isn't getting locked if, by some miracle of the Twelve, I DO get a platinum trophy. That just means that I was lucky, that's all. But I want to try to keep the platinum trophy count to zero at all times. That means I won't get very high of a trophy score, but I'm not into getting into the top 100. :lol:
  5. No PS Vita games. I'd have to get another card for this account and those cost money. Even though I could make big bank on the non-platinum market as the Vita has so much shovelware that was banned from platinum city, it's not worth it. All games on the lists are PS4 and PS5 titles only, and since I had to make this account on my PS5(since doing so on the PS4 would force me to buy PS+ Extra), I will be playing all the games in these lists on my PS5. ;)

EDIT: I am going to be deleting the lists and reposting them under my as a new post from @ProfSeajay7. I was scolded by the mods for having three forum profiles. I apologize for that too. I know I probably should have read the Terms of Service and seen the "Thou shall not make multiple forum profiles, but you are free to make multiple trophy profiles. :(

Edited by Mimic_Pot0

Yeah, not sure if you've been keeping up with current affairs around The Completionist, but you should probably get up to speed on the whole manipulative charity fraud thing. He deserves no support.

In terms of the list - are you not just overly complicating things? I noticed you join tonnes of trophy events which you can sometimes end up struggling with. And you create multiple profiles for different things which you launch with the community for very specific results. Why not stick with one account and just play games? You do you, but maybe the reason you sometimes struggle to keep on top of all of the things you set up here is because you go into it so extra.

Not trying to have a go here, but you might need to get out of your own way to bring the trophy-focus you are trying to attain.

Edited by Buff_Cupcake
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

Yeah, not sure if you've been keeping up with current affairs around The Completionist, but you should probably get up to speed on the whole manipulative charity fraud thing. He deserves no support.

Oooooh, so that explains why the devs of Sea of Stars immediately patched an update that replaced The Constructionist with another NPC!

Look, I admit I never keep up with current affairs, that's my dad's jam. I prefer not to think about the possibility that we may all be nuked into atoms by foreign powers and cease to exist tomorrow, so I avoid reading the news. So I had no idea that Jirard had gotten allegations for charity fraud. I'm basing this off the videos I watched years ago. His videos have not appeared in my Youtube recommendations so I knew nothing about this.

I also watched his video response and from what I heard him say, it seems like there was a misunderstanding about the timeline for making donations. He has agreed to drop the charity from future Indie Land events and explained the history of his charity, the passing of his mother, and did his best to debunk the allegations. He even provided links to the agencies he used, and I don't think a fraud would do something like that unless they are confessing to fraud. (I know that some guy sent a response to that response saying "Oh, he's covering his (kupo) and he's lying in a hat, I can go to those links and prove he's lying and should be thrown in jail for life!" but I've been watching Jirard's videos for years and he sounds like an honest person. If this is what happens when you try to raise money for charity, why don't these jerkwads have the police arrest everyone in Games Done Quick or RPG Limit Break. (Yeah, if the Utah police storm the charity event I am going to and break it up and arrest everyone, I'll be pissed - I am so pissed now that I feel like just cancelling my plane ticket. :angry:)

That's all I gonna say. I had only heard rumors about his 'crimes' when news came out that the guys who made Sea of Stars were patching his Kickstarter character out, and I knew nothing else. If you hate Jirard, fine, I was sorry to ask you to support him. But I will still watch his videos.

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

Why not stick with one account and just play games?

Let me give you a hypothetical situation: Say you meet three artists. The first artist spends hours fretting over every detail of their painting...

You know what? Screw it. I just can't stick with one account. Every time I get a game I can't platinum, I create a new account.

I am trying to do damage control here! This account is hopefully gonna get 100% trophies, and the other accounts can take the games I would love to play but can't because I can't complete them 100%. As I said, I am mentally ill, I am turning 52 this year, and already I am having a mid-life crisis regretting my life decisions on not grabbing the first girl I met in high school and offering to share lunch with them, she could have been my wife! My YOUNGER SISTERS have kids and I do not. :(

So please, for the love of the Twelve, do not judge me. (Did I mention I get VERY defensive when people ask me why I couldn't do things like a NORMAL HUMAN? That's another facet of my mental illness. :angry:)

I don't want to be rude, but I have a question that might be a bit critisizing.

You are pretty open in regards to your mental problems like autism and ADHD. You make several accounts for different purposes because not being able to 100% complete your main account is unimaginable for you, and as far as I understood that's because of these mental characteristics. What I don't understand though is, why do you create so many profiles with different objectives and rules if you can put your OCD/ADHD/autism problems aside for these other accounts? Couldn't you also put these rules and problems aside for your main account and do the same things there? I don't have OCD or ADHD, and no problem with having to complete all games on my account or otherwise I'll get permanently stressed or something similar, so I don't know how exactly it is. But I'm just curious how you can make an exception for some accounts, but not all. 🤔

You do whatever makes you happy, that is the most important thing! 🤞
But I wonder if you're not worsening your problems by putting so much thought into doing things you inherently have some problem with, like playing a game with a platinum you'll never get, and give yourself so much work to do just to circumvent a "trigger" so to say.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Let me give you a hypothetical situation: Say you meet three artists. The first artist spends hours fretting over every detail of their painting...

You know what? Screw it. I just can't stick with one account. Every time I get a game I can't platinum, I create a new account.

I am trying to do damage control here! This account is hopefully gonna get 100% trophies, and the other accounts can take the games I would love to play but can't because I can't complete them 100%. As I said, I am mentally ill, I am turning 52 this year, and already I am having a mid-life crisis regretting my life decisions on not grabbing the first girl I met in high school and offering to share lunch with them, she could have been my wife! My YOUNGER SISTERS have kids and I do not. :(

So please, for the love of the Twelve, do not judge me. (Did I mention I get VERY defensive when people ask me why I couldn't do things like a NORMAL HUMAN? That's another facet of my mental illness. :angry:)

I'm not sure what the mid-life crisis or not having kids has got to do with trophies, but I'm sorry you are going through that. Might be worth reaching out to someone who can talk things through with you. Speaking from experience - therapy is a wonderful thing.

Back on topic - I'm not judging you at all. I literally said 'you do you' in my post. Along with offering some observational feedback. The only thing I would stretch to saying was me judging was around you promoting The Completionist. But even then, really, who cares? It's all preference based anyway. But having said that you are essentially on a public forum based around discussions. So you have to expect that people are going to reply to the content of what you post + your actions.

I said what I said, because you tend to input quite a lot into PSNP and it can sometimes be at the detriment to your relationships with gaming and trophy hunting. I'm only going by the volume of posts, accounts and the level of participation you have over the past year or two. But it's pretty clear you are overwhelming yourself and bringing it up on occasions that you are.

Again, not having a go. Just some friendly feedback.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

What I don't understand though is, why do you create so many profiles with different objectives and rules if you can put your OCD/ADHD/autism problems aside for these other accounts? Couldn't you also put these rules and problems aside for your main account and do the same things there?

Uh... TL;DR? I am not going to be playing those accounts with the same consistency as this account. Those accounts will just be places I can go to if I have no motivation, just to pop off a few trophies and suchnot. I already got my first trophy in a little game called Anodyne on @Mimic_Pot0. That game has no platinum andI wanted to try it out but I didn't want to put it on my main account because it has no platinum. I know it sounds like I am becoming a split personality PSN-wise, and yes, I am. I know there are options. Like for example, if I didn't want to get the platinum on Kingdom Hearts II, I could just, you know, download the cloud version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix onto my Nintendo Switch and pray I had enough memory and kept it on at all times so I didn't lose my save data? (Yeah, I don't get why Square-Enix put the Kingdom Hearts series on cloud servers on the Switch.)

I could download Kingdom Hearts III onto my computer... but my computer can't even download Kingdom Hearts II because it only have 28.6 gigs of memory left. I could spend $1000 on a giant gaming computer to play Kingdom Hearts II Randomizer... or I could just play the game on the PS4 on a burner account. I mean, I know that there are better options to playing certain games casually, but they require money or time, and at my age, I find myself thin on both. (I live on Security checks because, thanks to my mental issues, I can't get a job to save my life and I don't even want a job. :()

1 minute ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

Back on topic - I'm not judging you at all. I literally said 'you do you' in my post. Along with offering some observational feedback.

I apologize for attacking you. I know you weren't trying to bully me. I just have had a lot on my plate lately. :(