Whats with the random kicks n dupe CB posts?

Muff

Yeah, I'm not sure what the inactivity time is on this site, but I've been kicked for inactivity too.

As for the duplicate messages, it's strange, I think it's when your browser stutters - since the duplicates don't show up in the admin chatlogs (from experience), and they only appear to specific users - for example, if you saw me post a duplicate message, most other people don't see the duplicate message.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the inactivity time is on this site, but I've been kicked for inactivity too.

As for the duplicate messages, it's strange, I think it's when your browser stutters - since the duplicates don't show up in the admin chatlogs (from experience), and they only appear to specific users - for example, if you saw me post a duplicate message, most other people don't see the duplicate message.

Both may come from the same issue. The dupe messages is because your browser sends a request every few seconds, while one request is active, it may lag via your end or the server's end and that doesn't stop your browser sending another request a few seconds later. The original request can come through at the same time too.

As for the kicking, it may be due to the chat server thinking you've left the page so it sends a kick notice because of some lag.

Both may come from the same issue. The dupe messages is because your browser sends a request every few seconds, while one request is active, it may lag via your end or the server's end and that doesn't stop your browser sending another request a few seconds later. The original request can come through at the same time too.

Exactly what I was thinking... :huh: