Opinion Needed From All Sly Cooper Fans!!!

Let me be clear first. I played (And just finished for the 1st time) the original trilogy via PS Plus. If it wasn't for some of the writing and a few characters, I would've hated almost everything about the trilogy. Did the original PS2/PS3 release run just as terribly? Was it just as clunky? Did the game stutter a lot? Did the game have a hard time registering button inputs? Did it feel repetitive and boring (with the exception of the ship in Sly 3, I really liked that) when it first came out? I'm asking all these questions because after playing them... I don't get why it was popular at all. Thanks in advance to all those who comment! 

Side Note: Didn't play Sly or Jak and Daxter growing up, Just Crash and Spyro. Jak and Daxter trilogy I'll be playing soon. 

Any performance issues you experienced can be blamed on streaming latency or potentially some kind of issue with your internet connection. When played natively on a PS3, the Sly games are incredibly smooth and responsive to play. Wether the actual in-game content is up to your tastes is a matter of personal opinion, but the stuttering and unresponsive controls claimed in this post can be blamed on the fact you were streaming the game instead of playing it locally.

• Like 4

Like you, I only played the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon series growing up and never touched Sly, Jak or Ratchet apart from very brief encounters with the games, I knew next to nothing about them. The only Jak game I played for any considerable amount of time was, ironically, the one Jak wasn't even a part of (Daxter on the PlayStation Portable). My first Sly game was Thieves in Time, which many didn't seem to like. I enjoyed the experience though, enough to play through Bentley's Hackpack and the original trilogy. I've still yet to properly dive into the Jak and Ratchet series, and while I do agree Sly is not masterful in any way, I do think there is still a lot of fun to be had with the games.

• Like 2

It probably the streaming issue. Iv play the PS2 and PS3 on hardware. And it run great. I will say some of the mini games feel clucky and slow. But that do to the era.

• Like 1