Question about the two PS4 versions of this game

So are both versions available on the PSN Store, or not?

When pulling up Shadow of Mordor on the store, it of course brings you to the GOTY Edition, currently defaulting at $19.99. However, when you click on the '...' button that would show other editions & bundles, there is a non-GOTY version you can switch to that appears to be a free download. Is that the non-GOTY version with the separate trophy list?

Idk why it'd be free, I didn't give it a try just in case but I didn't see anything indicating that the free one is a demo. All the DLC is still available too, which isn't necessary if GOTY is the only one available considering it's packed in with the GOTY version as an all-in-one download (unless I suppose it's left there for those on the original version that don't have it).

Curious if anyone else has noticed this and tried it out.

if it's showing as free. i would try and buy it. then play to see if a trophy would pop

if not the game can be found physical which gives the other trophy list.

The standard edition of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor was delisted from the NA Playstation store (and a few other regions) many years ago. The standard edition showing up as free in these storefronts is only a visual glitch, you cannot buy or add the game to your library that way. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 8:09 AM, KosproGG said:

The standard edition of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor was delisted from the NA Playstation store (and a few other regions) many years ago.

Correct

...but the vanilla version was relisted when it launched on PS Plus Extra in 2022.

Edited by zizimonster
grammar

7 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Correct

...but the vanilla version was relisted when it launch on PS Plus Extra in 2022.

Yes you're right but only for a year or so. After it was removed from the extra catalog the GOTY version became the new standard again. 

• Like 1