Can 2 people platinum this game together multiplayer

Basically as the title says, I was wondering if two people play this game together in multiplayer, will both people unlock all trophies including platinum? 

I know the game has multiplayer and I’ve heard it makes the game easier, but some games if you play together only the host gets certain trophies etc. causing player 2 to have to do an extra playthrough. So just wondering if anyone here has experience with this.

Thanks in advance 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

In coop mode, the boss trophies and other misc trophies will unlock if the requirements are meet by either player.

However, only the host player will have the story progress. Story based collectibles (scout logs) can only be pick up by the host. The guest player can listen to the log but will not keep the collectible.

If a xeno-glyph cipher (collectible) is available both player can pick it up since it’s not story related.

House sequences (story narratives) are not available for the host player, if he or she is in the coop mode, the guest player must quit the current session or the host can’t go into the house.

Simulation terminal (there’s a trophy related to platinum) and the whole dlc are single-player only.

The coop mode is an afterthought added by the devs. It’s extremely unbalanced. The infamous “3rd boss glitch” and many other glitches are never fixed. The guest player will occasionally get into low gravity mode and the enemies usually hit too hard. The whole Returnal experience is meant for one player only.

A trophy hunter can use the coop mode by asking someone who knows this game very well to do a campaign carry. If the guest player has unlocked all weapon traits, the game can be quite easy. But I would say it’s never hard to play solo if all mechanism is understood.

Edited by archangeltw_
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

In coop mode, the boss trophies and other misc trophies will unlock if the requirements are meet by either player.

However, only the host player will have the story progress. Story based collectibles (scout logs) can only be pick up by the host. The guest player can listen to the log but will not keep the collectible.

If a xeno-glyph cipher (collectible) is available both player can pick it up since it’s not story related.

House sequences (story narratives) are not available for the host player, if he or she is in the coop mode, the guest player must quit the current session or the host can’t go into the house.

Simulation terminal (there’s a trophy related to platinum) and the whole dlc are single-player only.

The coop mode is an afterthought added by the devs. It’s extremely unbalanced. The infamous “3rd boss glitch” and many other glitches are never fixed. The guest player will occasionally get into low gravity mode and the enemies usually hit too hard. The whole Returnal experience is meant for one player only.

A trophy hunter can use the coop mode by asking someone who knows this game very well to do a campaign carry. If the guest player has unlocked all weapon traits, the game can be quite easy. But I would say it’s never hard to play solo if all mechanism is understood.

thanks buddy this is the explanation I was looking for.

so basically if a friend and I play through the game co op, we will both have to do another run through solo at least for the house sequences, collectables, and simulation terminal.

would you say it’s easier to get through the game in co op? I assumed it would be Because you can heal each other right so it gives you another chance rather then having to start over upon death. 

On 5/15/2024 at 4:57 AM, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

thanks buddy this is the explanation I was looking for.

so basically if a friend and I play through the game co op, we will both have to do another run through solo at least for the house sequences, collectables, and simulation terminal.

would you say it’s easier to get through the game in co op? I assumed it would be Because you can heal each other right so it gives you another chance rather then having to start over upon death. 

I think it depends on how good you both are. The game gives the enemies more health and damage in co-op mode. The third boss has a ridiculous amount of health. Only one of you can pick up the health packs. You can revive each other, but it can be hard to get a revive during boss fights. If both of you are good at the game, it's probably around a similar difficulty level to a solo playthrough. If you're good at the game and your friend isn't, the playthrough is going to be harder than solo is.

I also found that the connection in co-op isn't that great. It makes it harder to play. I found the game much better solo. The game is better balanced that way and you're not tethered to another player.

• Like 2

So I played today as the host with a friend, we beat the first boss Phrike and only I got the trophy. Thought it might have been buggy or something so we beat him a second time, still no trophy. 

So looks like when playing co-op, only the host gets the boss trophies sadly

20 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

So I played today as the host with a friend, we beat the first boss Phrike and only I got the trophy. Thought it might have been buggy or something so we beat him a second time, still no trophy. 

So looks like when playing co-op, only the host gets the boss trophies sadly

Ok that’s very strange from what I heard. However I can confirm ciphers picked up either as a host or as a guest count. I used to have a room that spawns the rarest cipher in the game, I hosted and invited ppl to my game for them to pick up and it did add to their databank. If it were their last cipher, their trophy will popped. Don’t worry about the boss trophy as you need a campaign run of your own.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

Ok that’s very strange from what I heard. However I can confirm ciphers picked up either as a host or as a guest count. I used to have a room that spawns the rarest cipher in the game, I hosted and invited ppl to my game for them to pick up and it did add to their databank. If it were their last cipher, their trophy will popped. Don’t worry about the boss trophy as you need a campaign run of your own.

well that was nice of you! Yeah I’m enjoying the game I hope the collectables don’t cause too much of a headache down the line though. That’s the main thing I’ve always heard about this game is the collectables are annoying