Crashing the PS5

I started playing the game a few days ago and it's randomly crashing down. Not only the game crashes, it completely shuts the console to the point I have to unplug the power cable and plug it back it to be able to boot it up.

The console is not overheating, is regularly cleaned and I can do 12+ hours long game sessions playing other games. This has never happened before, this is the first game that would cause this. This can happen as early as 20 mins in the game, sometimes I can play for 4 hours without an incident.

Reinstalled the game, started fresh save files, neither helped.

I still doubt it's the console issue since I've played 100+ games on in and clocking thousands of hours without a single crash. I'm not the only one experiencing it, there are posts on other forums people reporting issues on PS5. Just wanted to give people a heads up that it might happen, not saying it's going to happen to everyone.

On 5/26/2024 at 10:39 AM, theSpirae said:

The console is not overheating, is regularly cleaned and I can do 12+ hours long game sessions playing other games. This has never happened before, this is the first game that would cause this. This can happen as early as 20 mins in the game, sometimes I can play for 4 hours without an incident.

Its 100% overheating. There isnt a warning on the Ps5 it turns itself off before it gets to the heat to trigger the warning. I used to have the same issue, Fenyx Rising was the worst where as other games wouldnt affect it. I took off my faceplates and I've never had the issue since. 

I've got 20 hours into the game and I havent had it crash on me but you have to remember theres a lot going off in the game, the whole map is "alive" with animals doing their thing, fighting each other, pulling down trees, migrating even when you're not looking in their general direction. With all that going off while you're having your survivors do their thing it uses more resources on the system than you may initially think.

If it's 100% overheating, how do you explain this is the only game that causes this? Sometimes even a few minutes into the game and no, the console isn't as hot as it gets when I have long sessions playing other games. Even on brand new maps where there "isn't that much going on" as you say.