Can't stay logged in

Go to solution Solved by BlindMango,

Hello everyone, I need help with an issue I'm having. So I've been randomly logged out of my account, which itself is not an issue because I can just log back in. The thing is, after I log in to the website and am redirected to the forum front page, if I exit the forum interface (i.e. go to my psn profile page, or visit any of the other pages from the website that are not contained to the forum pages) I notice that I'm logged back out.

Also, some more info:

- This only happens in Brave Browser, which is the browser I use. HOWEVER, I tried opening a private window and logging in there, and I stayed logged in and was able to navigate throughout the whole website without being logged out. I tried logging in using Microsoft Edge and was also successful, so the problem is contained to Brave's normal window;

- I have 2FA activated, but when I log back in in Brave "normal" it doesn't ask me for my key. BUT, when using a Brave's private window and Microsoft Edge they both ask me for my 2FA key;

- I've also tried disabling Brave's shields on PSN Profiles (sometimes they cause issues with scripting and sites functioning correctly) but I'm still having the same problem.

Any help is appreciated. What is happening here and how can I fix it?

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Do you have any extensions installed that might be blocking the retention of the sign in cookie?

I don't know but I'll list all extensions I have installed. I also took the liberty of disabling them each one by one and trying to log in but every time the same thing happened.

My extensions are:

DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials

Honey

Video Speed Controller

Reader Mode

Tampermonkey (for using PSNP+ and nothing else)

7 minutes ago, kickdrumss said:

DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials

I think it's a combination of your browser privacy settings and this one, but I won't have time to try to recreate it for a while. 

Working correctly in a Privacy window strongly indicates it's an extension problem.

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I think it's a combination of your browser privacy settings and this one 

Working correctly in a Privacy window strongly indicates it's an extension problem.

I tried disabling this extension and Bave's shields and it's still not working. What other privacy settings from the browser could I try to disable?

14 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

but I won't have time to try to recreate it for a while. 

No worries

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I would try clearing your cache (or maybe cookies?), it’s most likely something to do with that, especially if it’s working fine in incognito/private mode. I also use Brave browser but don’t ever have any issues with staying logged in. I have shields turned off for the site too, but don’t think it affects things much either way

Edited by BlindMango

11 hours ago, kickdrumss said:

Hello everyone, I need help with an issue I'm having. So I've been randomly logged out of my account, which itself is not an issue because I can just log back in. The thing is, after I log in to the website and am redirected to the forum front page, if I exit the forum interface (i.e. go to my psn profile page, or visit any of the other pages from the website that are not contained to the forum pages) I notice that I'm logged back out.

Also, some more info:

- This only happens in Brave Browser, which is the browser I use. HOWEVER, I tried opening a private window and logging in there, and I stayed logged in and was able to navigate throughout the whole website without being logged out. I tried logging in using Microsoft Edge and was also successful, so the problem is contained to Brave's normal window;

- I have 2FA activated, but when I log back in in Brave "normal" it doesn't ask me for my key. BUT, when using a Brave's private window and Microsoft Edge they both ask me for my 2FA key;

- I've also tried disabling Brave's shields on PSN Profiles (sometimes they cause issues with scripting and sites functioning correctly) but I'm still having the same problem.

Any help is appreciated. What is happening here and how can I fix it?

Hello.
Does it happen only when you use PSNProfiles, or any other sites too?

Edited by ozymandias1994

13 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I would try clearing your cache (or maybe cookies?), it’s most likely something to do with that, especially if it’s working fine in incognito/private mode. I also use Brave browser but don’t ever have any issues with staying logged in. I have shields turned off for the site too, but don’t think it affects things much either way

This worked for me! Thanks for the suggestion! Curiously enough, if for example I went to PSNP's front page I would be logged out, but if I went to the forum page I would still be logged in, which I find very weird. But yeah everything is fixed now.

11 hours ago, ozymandias1994 said:

Hello.
Does it happen only when you use PSNProfiles, or any other sites too?

No, it was only happening in PSNProfiles, other sites were working as normal. But as per the suggestion of @BlindMango everything is back to normal now.

• Like 2