Spanky's Platinum Trophy Case!

HeyItsSpanky

Hey Guys! Welcome to my trophy case. You will see which platinums I have and a little bit about them. I only have 20/40 which is pretty bad, so expect to see frequent updates as I clean up my trophy card!

Without further ado... Here are my Platinum Trophies!

1Ladc3d5.png

WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania

June 29, 2009

After my 3rd Xbox360 got the RROD, I decided to upgrade to a PS3. I had GameFly at the time and immediately changed my queue. This was the first PS3 game to be sent to me. It took less than 3 days to get my 1st platinum and was definitely a fun game. Recreating classic Wrestlemania scenes almost brought a tear to my eye!

1L48c11d.png

Resident Evil 5

July 31, 2009

Remembering how much I loved the series as a kid, I decided I had to play through this generation of consoles version. The game was amazing and it was great to be able to play co-op. Only one part of this game was irritating though...

"Sheva... Wait, Chris... Sheva... Sheva... C'mon"

1L6b3076.png

The Godfather II

August 20, 2009

I had played this game on the Xbox360 and had a blast getting my 1000 gamerscore. I decided a second playthrough was in order and added this as my 3rd platinum trophy in less than 3 months. I highly recommend this to those who are fans of GTA and Saints Row.

1L9a077c.png

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

September 14, 2009

I was always a huge Star Wars fan so I figured I'd give this game a whirl. The gameplay was fun and it was challenging at times but definitely a good game. A solid pick up if you like Star Wars and the hack-n-slash genre.

1L308c45.png

Terminator Salvation

November 1, 2009

Say what you want about this game... It was good! I always appreciated the 3rd person shooter and found myself so concerned with achievements/trophies that I wasn't playing for pure enjoyment. This game allowed for both as the trophies for this game are to simply beat it on hard. Nothin more and nothing less...

1L83791f.png

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

February 11, 2010

My wife and I had seen the movie and I was curious as to how a game would play out of you could arc the trajectory of a bullet. Just as it sounded, it was amazing! The game was fun to play and the trophies weren't too difficult either. Chalk this up as platinum #6. Thanks, GameFly!

1L72748b.png

Damnation

March 6, 2010

We all make gaming mistakes, and this was mine. THE END.

1Leedf55.png

Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge

March 9, 2010

I found out that my local library decided to rent out games and this was the first one I was able to pick up! My cheap ass was now working on my 7th platinum and none of the games I actually owned. This game was mediocre and not something I would recommend to a non-trophy hunter... Which is probably why it was in a library collection!

1L631907.png

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

March 22, 2010

I was on a trophy rampage for March and was looking to add another platinum. I loved the Ice Age movie and wanted to give the game a try as well. BOOM... Add another Platinum!

1L5ab604.png

Disney Pixars Up!

March 29, 2010

My wife saw me playing Ice Age and asked me to get a game we could play together. Awesome, right? Not so much... This game lasted Only about 5 house at which point she said, "That's it?" it was a super easy platinum an a relaxing game, but it is was to short. If you're going to play it, be sure to rent it!

1Lf3da9c.png

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

April 27, 2010

This game was so much fun! I recommend it to anyone who played video games in the 1990's as this game continuously pokes fun at how games were back then, when Hazard was popular.

1L3abb56.png

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

May 24, 2010

This game is absolutely stunning and the story is simply amazing. I'm upset that I haven't finished off the Uncharted series but I plan on it eventually!

1L286b6f.png

Resistance 2

June 2, 2010

I finally platinumed a game I OWN! This game was my go to game while I was waiting for the next GameFly envelope to arrive. It took over 150 hours between the story, co-op and online action but was well worth it. By far my favorite platinum as I worked my tail off for it!

1L5dcff4.png

Madagascar Kartz

June 13, 2010

This was Another choice by the Mrs, but it was much better than (well... lasted longer than) Up! I was always a fan of Mario Kart on the N64 so I was excited to play as well. It was a very enjoyable game to platinum and I highly recommend it to any who miss the good 'ol Kart racing games. This game was also my last GameFly rental...

1L0e571e.png

Borderlands

October 10, 2010

This game was recommended to me by my brother-in-law and it was some of the best advice I was ever given. The game combines FPS and RPG perfectly and the wide array of weapons are simply mind-boggling. I am super excited about Borderlands 2 and recommend all of you play The original so you can join me in co-op for B2 later this year!

1L629cff.png

Modern Warfare 2

November 22, 2010

My brother had pre-ordered Black Ops for my birthday and it arrived in the mail in early November. I was determined to clean up all missing trophies prior to breakin open a new COD game. I finished this up and it was my last platinum for a very long time!

1Lac533d.png

Dead Space

June 25, 2011

6 months and 5 prestige ranks later... I put down Black Ops to clean up a few games that had been sitting at 30% completion for way too long. Dead Space was te first one I chose to dive into and I am glad I played it. This game is amazing from start to finish! My only complaint is that having to play through the story 2.5 times almost made me grow to hate the game!

1L413b3f.png

Planet 51

August 27, 2011

This game was purchased by the wifey in attempt to replicate the fun we had playing Madagascar Karts. While the game was fun, it was only fun for one of us at a time. She wasn't thrilled with the racing story mode and I became stuck with cleaning up my trophy card!

1Le1dd3c.png

Madden 2011

November 19, 2011

Yet again, another library rental! I have always enjoyed playing Madden and was very intrigued by the Madden Moments mode. It was fun replaying some of the crazy endings that happened during the prior season. The trophy list wasn't too tough either...

1Ld7be60.png

Resistance 3

January 8, 2012

I was super excited for this game after having played the first 2 in the series. Unfortunately, this game fell short of expectations. The multi-player went from crazy 64 person matches to 8 on 8 with killstreaks (really? ... Copycat), the co-op was replaced with co-op story and the story mode wasn't all that great of an ending. Sadly, this franchise died with Nathan Hale.

Currently Playing:

Medal of Honor

Portal 2

Toy Story 3

Little Big Planet

• Like 2

love the comment under the "Damnation" platinum, lol...

I would have the Terminator Platinum too if i didn't suck at the game, lol... it wasn't bad... just hard in my opinion... i will try again when i learn not to get angry at dying all the time.

Haha glad you liked it! I was inspired to make one after reading yours. Definitely give TS another try... Your team helps too! I was at a section and had to go to the bathroom an forgot to pause. I came back to find my guy still in cover and all the enemies dead lol.