Ain't no Cavalry Coming Trophy

DropeRj

I've just started playing the game and finished it using the tutorial.

But I was really frustrated that the character that I've used in every single mission wasn't the one that was on the tutorial mission.

Just a warning.

The tutorial mission counts towards this trophy, so, if there is any newbie here, the guy on the tutorial mission became a Heavy type, and its really hard to keep him alive and not getting hurt to go for the next mission.

Since it was my first time too, I've skipped one ufo mission in the beginning because my whole team was hurt.

So I don't know what ruined my cavalry run,

but to advise you guys I would say to:

1 - not skip any missions and

2 - if you've played the tutorial, DO NO LET THAT HEAVY GUY GET HURT... KEEP HIM ON THE BACK, CLOSER TO THE SNIPERS

If not, I think this trophy is glitched, because my sniper and my assault went on all of the missions and survived the last one too... its awfully disappointing when you try to go all the missions with the same character and then the trophy doesn't pop up

Taken from the guide on .org:

One of the most annoying trophies in this game. I recommend going for this on either your first or fourth playthrough. Your soldier must take part in every mission, right from mission one to the final assault. Make sure that the tutorial is switched off so you can have all four soldiers survive the first mission because if you have it switched on, your soldiers will be locked into a scripted map where at least one of them will die. Try and make a sniper your "survivor" soldier because they can hang back and not get hit. In your foundry, get "Rapid Recovery" as soon as possible. If your "survivor" is injured and you have to go on a mission, bite the bullet and ignore the mission until he is able to fight again. This will result in an increased panic level, however your soldier will remain alive and you won't miss out on the trophy.

Hopefully that'll help clear things up as it advises you to turn the tutorial off and you'll still get the trophy.

Source: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/xcom-enemy-unknown/guide/

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

I've just started playing the game and finished it using the tutorial.

But I was really frustrated that the character that I've used in every single mission wasn't the one that was on the tutorial mission.

Just a warning.

The tutorial mission counts towards this trophy, so, if there is any newbie here, the guy on the tutorial mission became a Heavy type, and its really hard to keep him alive and not getting hurt to go for the next mission.

Since it was my first time too, I've skipped one ufo mission in the beginning because my whole team was hurt.

So I don't know what ruined my cavalry run,

but to advise you guys I would say to:

1 - not skip any missions and

2 - if you've played the tutorial, DO NO LET THAT HEAVY GUY GET HURT... KEEP HIM ON THE BACK, CLOSER TO THE SNIPERS

If not, I think this trophy is glitched, because my sniper and my assault went on all of the missions and survived the last one too... its awfully disappointing when you try to go all the missions with the same character and then the trophy doesn't pop up

Like you said, you used a character that wasn't the guy from the tutorial. You can skip missions as long as the soldier goes to every mission. And you can turn the tutorial off when you start a new game.

• Like 1

Thanks Stevieboy and Dragon-Archon,

Sadly, I've discovered this by the hard way... (I was pretty naive to think that the tutorial mission wouldn't count.... but it seemed that it wasn't a "mission" at all... it has a script already planned, so... the mess was already done)

The sources that I've looked didn't explain it thoroughly though.

Thank you everybody to answer and explain with more details.

Now i'm going to try it on my last run... because I've been mentally exhausted to try this now (and on classic and impossible its not that easy)... but I will try a speed run on easy on the last continent, maybe It won't be so exhausting as it was on my first one or like playing classic ironman...

• Like 1