Deleting a game, what happens to the DLC?

Dreakon139

So I have Borderlands downloaded to my PS3, as well as all the DLC for it. Being the "collector" that I am, I kind of want to get a physical copy of the game to round out my collection. Since the bundle online included/downloaded all the DLC separately, I should be able to safely get a retail copy of non-GOTY Borderlands for pretty cheap and still have all of the content I bought.

(Awesome game btw, I didn't think I'd like it very much but I nabbed it since it was only $20 on PSN for the game and all it's DLC. So far I'm impressed) :P

Anyways... I assume Borderlands and all of it's DLC are all lumped into this general Borderlands item in the XMB. If I "delete" Borderlands from my PS3 hard drive, will the DLC still be hanging around for me to use with the disc copy or will I have to download it again?

Simply, if I delete a game from my PS3, do I need to re-download it's DLC to use it?

Thanks guys!

If you delete the game from your games folder then nothing should happen to the dlc. The dlc lies safely bundled together with the game data which, if I remember correctly, is about 6gigs or so for that game :)

Also, if you downloaded the game legitimately then you can always re-download it should you need to.

If you delete the game from your games folder then nothing should happen to the dlc. The dlc lies safely bundled together with the game data which, if I remember correctly, is about 6gigs or so for that game :)

Also, if you downloaded the game legitimately then you can always re-download it should you need to.

Yeah, I bought and downloaded the PSN bundle which should have included the full game and all of it's DLC. In my Game Data folder it says slightly over 4.5GB. I should be able to redownload the DLC at my leisure, but I'd rather not if possible. :P

I'm guessing as long as I don't touch that game data item for Borderlands, but rather delete the "Borderlands" I use to launch the game, I should be good with the disc copy?

Yeah, I bought and downloaded the PSN bundle which should have included the full game and all of it's DLC. In my Game Data folder it says slightly over 4.5GB. I should be able to redownload the DLC at my leisure, but I'd rather not if possible. :P

I'm guessing as long as I don't touch that game data item for Borderlands, but rather delete the "Borderlands" I use to launch the game, I should be good with the disc copy?

If I'm not mistaking then yes. Otherwise, put the blame on moi :)