PS4 no disc inserted error

cuckie

So when I got home from work I turned my PS4 on and tried to load up cod ghost my ps4 said no disc inserted even though cod ghost was in there. I have tried a few games and it keeps happening, a spinning disc appears in the top right hand corner of the screen and after literally 5 mins of that happening I get a message saying unrecognised disc.

Is my PS4 broken or is there a fix for this?

just my luck haven't bought a PS4 game in over 3 months and last night I bought wolfentstein off ebay and it should come tomorrow! :(

My PS4 does something similar.  Rather than not reading discs, it'll actually eject discs from the console at random (though never while playing, I've found).  What I usually do is fully power down the console, unplug the power cord from the back of the PS4, and then power cycle it (attempting to power it on while it's unplugged) and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.  That may fix your problem as well.

Sorry I should of said I already tried all that. Tried it again today still not working I am ringing sony right now been on hold for 10 mins off them. Wolfenstein just arrived too :(

It takes about 10 attempts to eject my disc also if that matters.

been on hold for 24 mins now...... SONY!

Edited by cuckie