Important Question about Borderlands 2 & DLC (Vita/PS3)

Jak

Ok, so Borderlands 2 first debuted on the PS3 yrs ago.. before coming to Vita. The PS3 version also has all of the DLC out, with no more to come, however, the Vita version has no DLC, so.......... since BL2 supports cross-progress, DOES THIS MEAN that there is a way to play OR continue your DLC progress from the PS3 on the Vita (since it would work for the default story campaign progress)? (I ask this because i'm looking into buying the Vita version of BL2 to get my remaining DLC trophies that I was never able to get on PS3, if it's possible, since my PS3 is currently in storage).

Yes, since both games share only one trophy list you can play the vita version, get the DLC trophies and just sync it, and you should be good to go. Keep in mind however, unless you place your PS3 save in the "Upload character" feature on the PS3 version so you can download it and continue with the vita, otherwise you will have to start the game over. 

Edited by HARD_ANGEL_FAN

The Vita version does have some of the DLC out.

It has Captain Scarlett And Her Pirate's Booty, Mr Torgue's Campaign Of Carnage, Mechromancer Character Class, Psycho Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 and the Collector’s Edition Pack.

It doesn't have Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge, Creature Slaughter Dome or any of the 5 Head Hunter Packs. Nor does it have any of the customisation packs, I believe.

Edited by Stevieboy

Yes, since both games share only one trophy list you can play the vita version, get the DLC trophies and just sync it, and you should be good to go. Keep in mind however, unless you place your PS3 save in the "Upload character" feature on the PS3 version so you can download it and continue with the vita, otherwise you will have to start the game over. 

You're talking about cloud right? - Having saved my character data to cloud and then downloading it to Vita?

You're talking about cloud right? - Having saved my character data to cloud and then downloading it to Vita?

thats right, so in a way if you want to continue with your character used on PS3 you need to download the update and upload it otherwise you have to start over. 

thats right, so in a way if you want to continue with your character used on PS3 you need to download the update and upload it otherwise you have to start over. 

Alright, now what if I haven't bought the DLC yet on PS3? Can I buy the DLC now on any system (that's not PS3) and do what we just discussed? Wait, actually, what do I do when I buy the DLC at this point in time (how do I get it to the Vita)?