What kind of game would you make?

CreativePolicy

I always have game ideas in my head. This one is something I've wanted to see for awhile.

An ocean exploration horror game. A game where it's just you, your submarine, and the darkness of the ocean. It would be a horror game that doesn't have cheap jump scares, or loud noises. It would rely on people's fear of the dark and the unknown. The gameplay would basically be GTAV submarine gameplay, just with no real objective. You just drive the submarine around, and explore.

So here's something interesting,

If you had the software and knew how to use it, What kind of video games would you make? What would you put in it? What kind of graphics, What console(s)? ect.

I've had tons of ideas but I never had any actual skill to make them.

I have that feel all the time.

Got several ideas both for story and gameplay.

One of my favorites was one where the main goal is... the side objectives.

(Keep in mind, i'm trying to leave some details off my explanation)

- Instead of going through the level with the boss in mind or the time, it's all about the loot.

- Story wise this is explained as part of the protagonist's job, he's a salvager, from one of the many guilds that salvages stuff from ruins (gear, gold, valuables, lost tech, etc.).

- Gameplay wise, it would be a sidescroll parkour designed after Megaman X/Zero and Castlevania, Castlevania's jumpkicking/bouncing your way past stuff/enemies, Megaman Zero-like sword moves for combos.

- Graphic-wise, well to be honest graphics aren't my priority, but i would like 3D graphics (or make 2D DS-like graphics, those were good too).

- Console-wise, i would do a 3D version for consoles (PS3/4, Wii/U for sure, XBOX... if enough people asked, but MasterRace assholes could suck my dick, for all i care no PC version, and if it were to be one i'd come up with something (no DLCs, no Steam discounts, no MODs etc.) to screw them up) and a 2D for portables (3DS/Vita, also Download Play if possible, i love that feature)

- If i were to do DLC content 1 i would try to keep it as fair priced and worth it as possible (save for Steam, i would screw the master race here) 2 i would make stuff free for Brazilian PSN/EShop/XboxLive (just to piss off the morons who decide game taxes over here)

P.S. i don't hate PC gaming, i hate the PC MasterRace idiots that NEVER shut up about their PCs graphical power and blahblahblah...

I have that feel all the time.

Got several ideas both for story and gameplay.

One of my favorites was one where the main goal is... the side objectives.

(Keep in mind, i'm trying to leave some details off my explanation)

- Instead of going through the level with the boss in mind or the time, it's all about the loot.

- Story wise this is explained as part of the protagonist's job, he's a salvager, from one of the many guilds that salvages stuff from ruins (gear, gold, valuables, lost tech, etc.).

- Gameplay wise, it would be a sidescroll parkour designed after Megaman X/Zero and Castlevania, Castlevania's jumpkicking/bouncing your way past stuff/enemies, Megaman Zero-like sword moves for combos.

- Graphic-wise, well to be honest graphics aren't my priority, but i would like 3D graphics (or make 2D DS-like graphics, those were good too).

- Console-wise, i would do a 3D version for consoles (PS3/4, Wii/U for sure, XBOX... if enough people asked, but MasterRace assholes could suck my dick, for all i care no PC version, and if it were to be one i'd come up with something (no DLCs, no Steam discounts, no MODs etc.) to screw them up) and a 2D for portables (3DS/Vita, also Download Play if possible, i love that feature)

- If i were to do DLC content 1 i would try to keep it as fair priced and worth it as possible (save for Steam, i would screw the master race here) 2 i would make stuff free for Brazilian PSN/EShop/XboxLive (just to piss off the morons who decide game taxes over here)

P.S. i don't hate PC gaming, i hate the PC MasterRace idiots that NEVER shut up about their PCs graphical power and blahblahblah...

I love this idea

I love this idea

it was born out the fact that i love to explore levels throughly to find all the itens and such, but the goddam ranking systems and the likes never let me, so this would be my idea of payback.

also one detail i left out because idk:

The cenarios you'd be going (the types or ruins) would be divided in groups:

Continent Ruins

- ground level ruins

- underground ruins

- mountain ruins

Southern ruins (plot-wise, the protagonist would be going to this region an ocean away from his area for vacation, actually this could be a sequel on it's own if calculated carefully)

- tropical ruins (possible references: Sonic beach levels, AC4 ruins, etc.)

- underwater ruins (note: you'd get a gear for limitless air tank, having to worry about air is what spoils most water levels in games, the rest are just anoying change of physics)

Bonus Ruins (i was either gonna make this a bonus chapter or a bonus type of stage completely filler, but who knows)

- floating ruins (why they float? that'd be what you're here to find out)

- human space ruins/alien space ruins

- aztec/mayan ruins (it include an indiana jones outfit and skins for your guns and whip XDXDXDXD)

oh yeah, here's a fun joke:

what you and i have in common?

I've made a game for a college assignment when I was doing a Games Development course.  It was a 2D platformer, seemly I made the difficulty way too high for everyone in my class.. only a couple and myself could complete it lol (was only 1 level + boss).

It was a game set in the future, where you played as a Cyborg (close combat) fighting against mechs (bullet hell).