The Last of Us Remasterd (PS4) New game+ Question/Help

Hello to all the people who are reading now this thread i have a question.

I just finished the amazing game The Last of Us Remastered on hard.

So i started a "New Game+" in the hope i can get the trophy's "For emergencies only" and "Everything we' ve been through"

because it's impossible to do the two trophy's it on one playthrough.

But here is the problem, i'm now by my first crafting table in the outskirts close to the museum.

And it's surprises me that most of my weapons are not fully upgraded.

In the last game i maxed out the Revolver and 9MM Pistol but now i must start over for a huge part.

My 9MM Pistol is now

• 1 point reloading speed
  • 1 point fire speed
  • and 2 points i have on clip capacity  

And my Revolver is now:

• 1 point reloading speed
  • 1 point fire speed

So yes, i maxed out both of those 2 weapons in the last game.

Also i dont have ALL the weapons now on me. ( is that also normal?)

So i'm afraid i need also to start over to upgrading them (Again), and i dont think i can find enough parts to fully upgrade all of my weapons this time.

Also i have now only 2 Tool Kits in my possession and not 5, what is weird because i also found all 5 tool kits to upgrade my weapons  

Also similar problem with Joel supplements, i maxed out the his lifebar (2 points) in the last game but now i have a one point lifebar

So is this normal or a glitch,  because i thought when you start a new game +  all of Joel's weapon upgrades/skills will carry over where you left off. 

So yes, who have >also< this problem with The Last of Us Remastered i described here.

I hope some have the answer to this question.

Greetings from The Netherlands

Wilco Verwiel A.K.A DutchGamer-W- ;)

Once you pick up the guns you upgraded in your Previous Playthrough, once you get then on Hard+ they will be upgraded to the max level you did them before. 

I just finished the game myself getting all the collectibles...now to play just to breeze through. 

Edited by HARD_ANGEL_FAN
  • Like 1

Also i dont have ALL the weapons now on me. ( is that also normal?)

Yes, you don't have all the weapons in the beginning of the new game + but all the upgrades should be like they left in the previous playthrough.

Also similar problem with Joel supplements, i maxed out the his lifebar (2 points) in the last game but now i have a one point lifebar

So is this normal or a glitch,  because i thought when you start a new game +  all of Joel's weapon upgrades/skills will carry over where you left off. 

This isn't definetly normal. At least in the PS3 version I didn't have any of these problems. I'm still on my first Grounded-playthrough on Remastered so don't know what's going to happen. Sorry bro, but something fucked up your game. I'm pretty sure thought that you're able to max out everything on your second playthrough if you collect every parts and upgrades.

• Like 1

When you start a new game plus you carry over all the upgrades from the last save file, this problem happened to several players who did chapter select before starting a new game plus or didn't manually save the game near the end. The new game plus doesn't always start with the upgrades from a autosave, this is why the game gives you the choice to save or not when the credits are over.  If you have your save file from your first complete playthrough just reload it and start a new game plus again.

• Like 3

Aaaah, so there lies my problem, because indeed after i finished the game i also did chapter select because i did not found all of the collectibles, plus i missed one converstation with Ellie.

And with that effect i begon a New Game +  with half of Joel's upgraded weapons, a anoying/weird glitch?!? :/

Also i need to find again all of the training manuels & Tool Kits,

and i got the trophy already for finding all of the Firefly pendants, comics, etc..

But those are also in my New Game Plus to find... not that i need to do now.

But i see i'm not the only one, did the Playstation 3 version of The Last of Us also had that problem  

or is it new in the Remastered version ?

Well bad luck i guess. :unsure:

Anyway, thx for the fast answers, i hope Naughty Dog knows this and so releasing a patch for future PS4 players that also seems to get this problem. B)