What is going on?

KiNg_PK

Okay so, I decided to start this game up again because I lack 5 trophies to get the plat. So everything's all good until around the 3rd or 4th quest, EVERY ENEMY is a bad ass. This is single player I might add and i'm only level 11. With the weapons and shields the game has given me, I can't last even two seconds against one This has made it apparent that unless I either level up or get better gear that I can't progress through the story and this wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't already completed all the side quests. So I really need to know what to do about this, for it is very frustrating.  :angry:    .

Are you on playthrough 1 or 2? You shouldn't have too many badass enemies at your lvl =X

Play through 1. Just started yesterday as Brick to get the 15 class skill kills trophy.

What level are the quests you are doing? I think I remember it jumping up a bit at one point a little extra levelling was needed.

They're story related quests, so they should be near my level. I've done all the sidequests too. I keep getting level 15-16 Bad asses at level 11 

Yeah, what Lady said. You shouldn't encounter so many at your level, especially if it is your first playthrough still.

Are you sure you're not just rushing ahead to areas you shouldn't be at yet? If your characters level is 11, you should be dealing with nice par-leveled enemies.

I'd like to think that, but i'm getting sent to these areas after i've done all the notice board missions and the main story progression quests. So something's up with this

I'd like to think that, but i'm getting sent to these areas after i've done all the notice board missions and the main story progression quests. So something's up with this

Which areas are you encountering these enemies in?

Maybe try and grinding out enemies around your level some more if it is a serious issue.

Because out of all the times I've played through it, and all the friends I know who have played through it, this has never been an issue to happen, so I feel like it'd be a weird bug otherwise.

This is a strange one as you would only really have problems with over-levelled enemies if you were skipping side quests and just progressing with story missions. As you said you did all the side quests the only thing I can think of is you didn't kill enough enemies in the process and were just speed running through the missions.

Which areas are you encountering these enemies in?

Maybe try and grinding out enemies around your level some more if it is a serious issue.

Because out of all the times I've played through it, and all the friends I know who have played through it, this has never been an issue to happen, so I feel like it'd be a weird bug otherwise.

The first time was when I was in Skag gully and met a level 10 when I was just level 6. Now i'm on sledges quest and I keep getting bad ass after bad ass. And i've leveled to 12 now but I still can't kill a single one of them

The first time was when I was in Skag gully and met a level 10 when I was just level 6. Now i'm on sledges quest and I keep getting bad ass after bad ass. And i've leveled to 12 now but I still can't kill a single one of them

No clue what could be causing you this issue, unless you did what Stevie said and just speedran your quests not killing enemies for their easy XP. 

If you've done all the story/side quests up until this point you should be on par with the enemy, which is confusing.

I'd suggest just grinding enemies/challenges as much as you can for easy XP, that or a new game entirely if it does turn out to be some weird bug/issue you can't resolve, sorry for not knowing more!

No clue what could be causing you this issue, unless you did what Stevie said and just speedran your quests not killing enemies for their easy XP. 

If you've done all the story/side quests up until this point you should be on par with the enemy, which is confusing.

I'd suggest just grinding enemies/challenges as much as you can for easy XP, that or a new game entirely if it does turn out to be some weird bug/issue you can't resolve, sorry for not knowing more!

Yeah, I'll probably just start a new game. And thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!  :D

Okay so, I decided to start this game up again because I lack 5 trophies to get the plat. So everything's all good until around the 3rd or 4th quest, EVERY ENEMY is a bad ass. This is single player I might add and i'm only level 11. With the weapons and shields the game has given me, I can't last even two seconds against one This has made it apparent that unless I either level up or get better gear that I can't progress through the story and this wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't already completed all the side quests. So I really need to know what to do about this, for it is very frustrating.  :angry:    .

If you're going into the Headstone Mine to kill Sledge and you're level 12, then you're underleveled. The recommended level for the quest to kill Sledge is at least 17. Look at the quest briefing when you first accept the quest, it will tell you what the recommended level is.

If you're going into the Headstone Mine to kill Sledge and you're level 12, then you're underleveled. The recommended level for the quest to kill Sledge is at least 17. Look at the quest briefing when you first accept the quest, it will tell you what the recommended level is.

Thing is though, I've done every notice board and main story quests to get there. I've not skipped anything (that I know of) unless I have skipped something in the guide I'm following.

I've started over anyhow though, thanks for letting me know that though.

Thing is though, I've done every notice board and main story quests to get there. I've not skipped anything (that I know of) unless I have skipped something in the guide I'm following.

I've started over anyhow though, thanks for letting me know that though.

Here's a mission flow so you'll know if you've missed any quests along the way:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_missions_flow