Transferring memory/game from one memory card to another?

RedSkyKing

I plan to buy a bigger memory card than what I currently own for my Vita but the problem is I already have so much memory on the card I have and have no idea how to transfer memory, or if it's possible. It may seem like a stupid question but I don't want to do something that could corrupt my data.

Thanks! ^-^

Edited by Ethan King

So how about if you wanted to juggle multiple games around one vita memory card and a pc? Would i use content manager to back up all my games, delete them download my new games, then if i wanted my old ones back, would i back up my new games, delete them and then restore my original back up with my old games? That sounds right but i don't want to mess anything up.

So how about if you wanted to juggle multiple games around one vita memory card and a pc? Would i use content manager to back up all my games, delete them download my new games, then if i wanted my old ones back, would i back up my new games, delete them and then restore my original back up with my old games? That sounds right but i don't want to mess anything up.

You've got that pretty much spot on, except you can choose which games you want to transfer back and forth. They aren't lumped into one big file when you back them up to another source from your Vita. They stay as individual game files instead.

• Like 1

You've got that pretty much spot on, except you can choose which games you want to transfer back and forth. They aren't lumped into one big file when you back them up to another source from your Vita. They stay as individual game files instead.

Okay awesome thank you.

• Like 1

Okay awesome thank you.

No problem. I should also point out, in case you didn't know already, that the save data for each game is included in it's file. So if you didn't want to lose your progress you would have to transfer it to another source before deleting it from the Vita's memory card anyway. If you had a PS+ membership then you could back-up just the save data to the cloud instead and you could then safely delete the game.

• Like 1