Destiny 1.0.2 to be released next week. Begins the several fixes to the loot system

Asuka Langley

It seems that someone's done something right. Bungie are to release the 1.0.2 patch that's going to enhance our experience with engrams.

This means no more Greens can be obtained from Blues or Purples, but at the same time there's a higher rate for materials, personally I'm really chuffed to hear this, no longer will encrypting be so frustrating when I get a green from a leg :giggle:

Full patch notes below

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience.  These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
  • Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
  • Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
  • Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes
  • Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes
  • Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
  • Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

Source:

• Like 1

Bungie are to release the 1.0.2 patch that's going to enhance our experience with engrams.

This means no more Greens can be obtained from Blues or Purples, but at the same time there's a higher rate for materials, personally I'm really chuffed to hear this, no longer will encrypting be so frustrating when I get a green from a leg :giggle:

I haven't played but am curious so I read this.

Your post reads like crazy talk. You sound like the homeless guy I give my change to every Thursday on my way home from work...

The best part of the patch is where they nerf the shotgun and fusion rifle, and limit the ammo for machine guns in PvP

This rly need to be done

Sonner the better

Im kinda sad with auto rifle nerf since its my weapon in this game but hey..ill live with that (if they wont fck it up completly ofc)