Taxman and Stealth celebrate Sonic & Knuckles’ 20th anniversary with a Sonic 3 & Knuckles proof of concept

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/10/18/taxman-and-stealth-celebrate-sonic-knuckles-20th-anniversary-with-a-sonic-3-knuckles-proof-of-concept/

Today marks the 20th anniversary of SEGA’s Sonic & Knuckles, and to celebrate, Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 remastered developer Christian Whitehead shared a proof of concept prototype from the Taxman & Stealth personal vaults featuring Sonic 3 & Knuckles running on the Retro Engine. Of course, this is presented unofficially, so don’t jump to the conclusion that a Sonic 3 & Knuckles remastered is on the way anytime soon. Still, awesome to see that they’ve done work on the much requested title, even in an unofficial capacity. The Taxman himself shared this link in Sonic Retro’s forums, stating that “this isn’t an official announcement of any Sega project, nor to we intend to work on this as a fan-project. It’s simply a proof of concept from our vaults that has been kept to our chests for some time.”

You can learn more about the technical side of the project in Stealth’s latest blog post!

Happy 20th anniversary to the greatest Sonic game ever  :wub:

Every so often, I play it again, but on Sonic 3 Complete, because I don't want to erase any of my 3&K files (which amazingly still work, and now they're safe after popping it in my Retron).  Every file has all the Super Emeralds collected, usually 99 lives, as Sonic, Tails, Sonic & Tails, and Knuckles.  Getting a perfect bonus on all the special stages was pretty annoying, as a result I don't mess with the emeralds a lot of the time (because I don't need them aside from Doomsday and getting 14 perfects left me with a little stress every time I play them).  I had nothing but a Game Gear and Genesis until 1998, so I basically played Sonic all that time.  3&K every day after school, and Chaos or Triple Trouble when I'd go get my sister from gymnastics.  Complete with Game Gear traveling case (which I still have)

:lol:

Good times playing Sonic & Knuckles on Mega Drive (Genesis). It's was my favorite of Sonic series just for the fact that I get to play as Knuckles xD

Going through a marathon of Sonic in the Mega Drive Ultimate Collection game. About to finish Sonic 3 and starting  Sonic & Knuckles again.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles isn't just my favourite Sonic game, but one of my favourite games ever! I recently beat it again (100%, every time) on the Steam version. 

I'd love to know why this isn't on the PSN yet. XBLA has had it since 2009, so what the hell? I know, I shouldn't be too bothered by it since I have it for XBLA, Steam and physical copy's for my broken Mega Drive, but I want to get all the trophies, of course. :D

HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY!!!

sk-bginfo-summaryimg1.jpg

Edited by Venocide