Reduce Signature (Trophy Card) File Size

Kid Ryan

How can I reduce my PSNProfile signature file size (the trophy card), without losing the "live connection" to my PSNProfile account?

I've tried re-sizing it via websites like picresize.com, but the image never changes.

(there's 1 or 2 forums I'm on, that won't allow images bigger than 40KB in signatures)

I'm talking about the picture for my trophy card: https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ToddlerNaruto.png

I honestly don't think you can if you want the card to update when you update. It is their design to show all the stuff so people can see it fine.

If you want it on the other sites that badly you'd need to use a static image and resize it in paint or something and constantly change it.

40KB limit is pretty tight when it comes to sig picture sizes. They should really change that on their end.

I have seen some people use a custom background for their trophy cards. You could try setting it to a solid color background, that should help with the filesize.

But I don't really understand why the filesize of a linked image is making any problems. You are not saving the file in their database, the image is loaded from an external source.

I have seen some people use a custom background for their trophy cards. You could try setting it to a solid color background, that should help with the filesize.

But I don't really understand why the filesize of a linked image is making any problems. You are not saving the file in their database, the image is loaded from an external source.

This may be a good idea as while OP's signature is currently 96.95 KB mine is 57.48 KB. I'd say using a less colours could achieve the 40 KB minimum, even if it means not showing the trophies.

I honestly don't think you can if you want the card to update when you update. It is their design to show all the stuff so people can see it fine.

If you want it on the other sites that badly you'd need to use a static image and resize it in paint or something and constantly change it.

40KB limit is pretty tight when it comes to sig picture sizes. They should really change that on their end.

Sadly those two forums refuse to change their rules, many people have bugged them about it before, but were turned down quickly or just plain ignored.

I forgot to mention that I do wrap tags around the trophy card pic link, on those 1 or 2 forums for my signatures.

They have a limit because they want other internet users to load their webpage quickly but I agree though, they should raise that to 100kb at least.

For example if I had a 10mb gif on my signature this page will take you a little more to load property.

Edited by Albani0310

I'm guessing the only solution here would be if Sly created another type of trophy card, take one of mypst's as example:

renatabls.png

Or instead he could just "cut" the one already being used, from this;

example.png

to this:

mtv6N1d.png

Yay or nay?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just to see if it's possible, I messed around with my card a little bit. If you take off all your icons, change your background to the color black (I used a pure black image off of Google), and disable the overview color, your trophy card will be around 37-38 KB... It won't be very pretty through.

mvqfj6.jpg

But it seems like a good compromise for the moment.

I do also liked the 'slimmed down' trophy card that was suggested.

• Like 1