SSB Wii U opening video

Lady Lilith

630x.jpg

The start of something beautiful...

The opening cinematic to a new game is something that can give gamers the butterflies, and the crème de la crème of anticipated intros has finally been revealed by Nintendo — via IGN. The newSuper Smash Bros. for Wii U opening movie, as expected, has us greeted by a host of Nintendo all-stars showing off their moves.

However, it has caused quite a whirlwind of discussion since its release, due to some hoping for a more breathtaking piece of footage — much like that of Melee's opening sequence. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's intro consists of pre-existing cut scenes that Nintendo has released throughout the year, along with a combination of quirky gameplay footage. Some may regard it as lazy, but nevertheless it still gets you amped for arguably Nintendo's biggest game release of the year

I don't quite understand why they cut the announcer.  That's like, what makes the intro.  I was really disappointed that it wasn't in the 3DS game.  

I guess their entire budget for the announcer went towards the SSB Direct video.

Edited by Lady Lilith

This has been online for like a week. I think it's one of the weaker intro's of the SSB games. Although I probably only think that because Sakurai released the character trailers individually and now it just feels like he cut and paste them together with gameplay. Doesn't feel like we're seeing anything new within the intro.

Edited by Dark_Tooth69