My walkthrough to beat hayes, final mission

melodicmizery

Since not many people own this game nor play it, and the ones who do are absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! i decided to write a basic guide that will help you beat hayes. Believe me i thought id never beat that fruitcake and now i know how

First you should realize there are 3 stages to this boss so there are 3 different stages.

Preperation - Ive read other guides say use a shotgun and revolver. i dont really agree with that. i use both machine guns during regular stages, but for the final stage i decided to use a grenade launcher that was upgraded twice, and revolver upgraded twice. i dunno if the revolver really matters but i picked it because someone told me to. your going to also want to buy the fire ammo because it knocks health down a bit. play SOLO, there seems to be less enemies and they die easier. If you play with someone else make sure they are GOOD and you both read this strategy or else your partner will most likely get you killed or over swarmed.

ok lets rock and roll!!!

a few more beginning tips

- make sure you kill healers first! i sometimes even rush them and risk dying to kill them, they cause major problems

- bosses regenerate health so listen to my steps carefully

first section stage and boss one.

you will spawn in a room, youll want to kinda stay in this room for cover, peak out and shoot the 2 guys in the hall. this will send a attack of enemies.

when enemies with no weapons run straight up to you melee them. try to hide behind the wall of the room you start in so your health doesnt go down. peak out and kill all enemies. youll always want to try to kill enemies that are holding weapons first because they most likely wont respawn. what your doing is trying to kill all the enemies and clear the room before the first boss comes, to get them out of the way. if you need ammo run into the next room and get it but DONT RUN PAST THE AMMO BOX!!!! if you go to close to the stairs the boss will spawn and you will be in trouble!! Use your grenade launcher nonstop. do not fire it when a melee enemy is near you or you will get hurt, instead melee him and kill him. constantly try to run backwards if your being chased by a mob and shoot them with a grenade. as soon as your turret becomes available always drop it. the grenade launcher should light it up fairly fast.

ok now if you dont really see anymore enemies rushing you, go back to the ammo crate and there should  be around 6 guys standing sideways stuck to a wall in front of you, clear those guys out. try to take cover and kill them one by one because they are snipers who kill you fast. when you kill the last one a boss will spawn with a minigun. one more guy appears on the wall so kill him fast.

the boss spawns, and he will also spawn about 6 melee guys constantly that keep rushing you. grenade those guys from a distance. try to hang around the ammo crate. i sometimes lead the boss to the starting point and then shoot through the window while im at the ammo crate. make sure to again kill the healer that spawns right away. any enemies with guns that spawned kill them before the melee guys is possible  because the guys with guns wont respawn and we want to get rid of the majority of these goons. as usual drop turrets as soon as you get them. always try to go for headshots if you can if you have to use your revolveer or regular weapons. grenades i usually shoot at the feet to make sure that the grenade doesnt bounce to far but if you can aim for the head. you should be able to kill this boss with only dying 1 or 2 times

when you kill this boss he drops a minigun, make sure you dont lose this!! it is detrimental to the next section if your grenade launcher isnt upgraded

boss 2 2nd section

youll now go up the stairs to a sealed door. remember this spot where the door is for later. kill the 3 guys when it opens and this should give you enough special ability for the turret, try not to drop it yet. you go forward and you hit the gate button, as soon as you do that turn around and run back to that door and stand in the doorway. enemies will start rushing you. the idea is to stay in this doorway as much as possible and drop a turret to gun these guys down and shoot them at the same time. if you do this correctly you will already have a turret waiting for you when the other turret is depleted. the boss will appear, try to have him directly in front of you and unload the minigun on him and only move backwards around the doorway when you almost die or a grenade is thrown at you. the mini gun should take down at least half his health. if he is almost dead he will try to charge you. if you lose the minigun then no worries just spam the grenade launcher at him again and stand near the ammo crate to the left. he also regenerates health pretty fast. after you kill him 2 guys spawn on a wall sideways again. kill them and walk through the gate

boss 3, final boss

this guy is a madman who can whoop you pretty badly. as soon as the section starts, unload grenades at the healer. youll be rushed by mobs of morons so start unloading grenades at them while walking backwards. your going to want to go near the tower thats glowing because a ammo box is over there. so stay in that area because grenades are key!! like usual drop a turret as soon as possible. again keep walking backward in a mini circle and again dont shoot these enemies if to close or the explosion will hurt you. these guys respawn but when you kill them all you get a few short seconds to fire at the boss. with the grenades its pretty easy. the level also slows itself down drastically back and forth. i dunno why but it kinda helps.

thats pretty much it just try to use that grenade launcher level 2 or 3 like i said. and then just something to shoot the first 2 bosses in the head that will deplete there life fast if you cant use the grenades to good. the whole strategy is the area you are standing in and doing mini circles in it. i will try to make a video for it when i get back form vacation.

beating hayes unlocks 2 of the weapons that are 250k each this is quite a grind to save up that much. if you play on hot you get double money but its alot harder and longer solo. the one weapon is the best weapon in the game ive heard. (havent tried it yet) i suppose maybe you could also find someone who already has the hairdryer who will help you beat the last level (not sure if thats possible but maybe)

Edited by melodicmizery

• 5 years later...

Just played through, wanted to add my own tip instead of starting new thread.

Another strategy is to just equip a bulletproof vest consumable, fill your gauge till about the turret rank (but don't use it). Then rush him, throw a healing beacon down and melee the crap outta him, any time he summons kill the ones directly near you then quickly get back on him, throw another beacon down as needed. Pretty much just keep beating him to death with your fist and you'll down him by the time you've used 3-4 beacons no sweat. If he runs away or somehow gets away from your mugging just follow him, the bulletproof vest mitigates a ton of damage.

Beat him on my first try. Hot difficulty is cake if you've played Brutal Uncharted games, you can use corner aiming cheese just like in Uncharted (where they can't shoot you because of the obstacle but as long as your aiming reticle is on them you'll still hit them regardless of said obstacle ?)

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 1