Dust: An Elysian Tail - CE-34878-0 error

movievet-dotcom

I get this error each time I make my character jump and execute a special attack to kill those flying creatures. Happens without fail when I do that and it crashes my game, booting me to the dashboard and giving me this error message

I enjoy this game but it has now happened 3 times within the last hour. Any help would be appreciated in some way I can fix this.

How far in are you?  It might be worth starting up a new save to see if maybe something had been corrupted in your current save.

I think I either just started chapter 1 or just finished it. I played the game for about an hour, then it said chapter 1, so whatever that means. Maybe I played an intro first? But yeah, it's just every time, on cue, that I do one of those flying attacks on those flying creatures. Ya know where you have widget helping with her weapons as well and the screen is just filled filled with mayhem? That's when it happens. This sucks, because I want to play this game.

I think I either just started chapter 1 or just finished it. I played the game for about an hour, then it said chapter 1, so whatever that means. Maybe I played an intro first? But yeah, it's just every time, on cue, that I do one of those flying attacks on those flying creatures. Ya know where you have widget helping with her weapons as well and the screen is just filled filled with mayhem? That's when it happens. This sucks, because I want to play this game.

Yeah, you're not very far in at all.  Give starting a new save a try, and if that doesn't work, delete and reinstall the game. 

Yeah, you're not very far in at all.  Give starting a new save a try, and if that doesn't work, delete and reinstall the game. 

I looked into it and was advised to turn off the HDCP in the settings, and it seemed to work, but not for long. There are others that have the same problem as me, but I haven't heard your suggestion yet. I fear though that the same thing will pop up even if I start over, and I don't want to have to start over. But I may just do that anyways. 

Thanks very much for your help, hopefully it works. I'll let you know, if and when I try it.

There was one part in the game that got me that error five times in a row. I just took a break for a day or two, went back to playing, and it didn't happen again. Maybe try turning off the PS4? (Not standby) Or try rebuilding the database during safe boot (Holding the power button until after three beeps).

There was one part in the game that got me that error five times in a row. I just took a break for a day or two, went back to playing, and it didn't happen again. Maybe try turning off the PS4? (Not standby) Or try rebuilding the database during safe boot (Holding the power button until after three beeps).

I'm not sure if I have ever rebuilt the database before. I hope that is safe. I will try it. Thank you.

I think it's not about a corrupted file. I had the same problem with Stick it to the Man back when it was free for PS+ subscribers. Just stopped playing it waiting for an update and hoping for the problem to get fixed by itself. I guess that's pretty much all you can do since it's not that rare with new PS4 titles.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...