NBA 2014-2015 Season

ThePurpleheat97

Alright, so far I haven't seen if there is another topic about this. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Now this is the NBA 2014-2015 season discussion. Chat about what's happening in the NBA this season.

First I want to see your opinions on these...

Who will is the next MVP? I would go for Carmelo because so far this season has been good to him. Many people would go for LeBron this year after KD got injured, but unlike them I look deeper. Melo recorded his 20,000th career point this season and so far I believe he will have more in stored for this season.

Who will take home the championship this year? Chicago Bulls for me. D Rose is back better than ever in addition, they acquired Pau Gasol and also got rookie, Doug McDermott from Denver after they drafted him, which makes the team wow this year. So far they are doing good with their record and I honestly want to see them take home the ring this season.

Who will be Rookie of The Year? I honestly have 3 choices (Nerlens Noel, Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins), but mainly would go for Noel. After missing his rookie season Nerlens Noel is stronger than ever. The Sixers may not be in great shape, but I could see Noel win the award as early as now.

Who will meet in the Finals? For me would be The Bulls and The Spurs. The Defending Champion,  SA Spurs are not having a dominating season so far. They are set to defend their title this year. Due to the fact they were last season's champions and they have some talented players on their roster they're getting some advantage. I won't be surprised to see them on the Finals next year.

Who will win the Defensive Player of The Year? CP3 Chris Paul for me. Being the Steals leader 4 seasons in a row and winning multiple all-defensive team awards is top notch. I definitely think the Defensive sun is going to shine on him this time.

What do you think guys? :)

• Like 2

Melo shoots like 6 of 20 most nights, hes too selfish to get an MVP in my opinion, I think Blake Griffin will get the MVP ge can score, dunk, assist, rebound, block. The Bulls will be a strong chance, I support them but Rose just injured his ankles. Rookie of the year Jabari Parker. I agree CP3 will get the defensive player of the year. Lebron and Kyrie have already had discussion about their roles on the team so in my opinion the Cavs will struggle because of all those egos rolled in to one squad.

By the way Melo is a great player, I just think he needs to shoot less and involve his team a bit more, but I also understand he has always played his style which is scoring.

I also forgot to mention Anthony Davis as a candidate for defensive player of the year.

The problem with melo is that the knicks need to perform well for anything he does to mean anything.  We all know he can score, but can he help his team win?  There's too many other great talents with A) better numbers than him B) Similar numbers but on a winning team.  To his defense, I don't blame him for throwing up the amount of shots he does, but like stated above... when you're watching him you can't help but think he needs to play a little different and involve his teammates at a higher level.

Really these come down to some guessing, but her she goes.

MVP:  Stephan Curry  I feel like it will be someone new this year.   Solid defender, and well we all know he can play.  Silky shot and just a pleasure to watch.  They're pretty darn good too.  He's going to need some breaks though throughout the year to win the mvp.

Rookie of the Year:  Jabari Parker

Championship:  Warriors vs Cavs   : P  Cavs win it...  !

Defensive player of the year:  Anthony Davis..  I just saw that Gritty mentioned him after I typed him in here.   Honestly he could be in the mvp talks.

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 1

Well said Jay, Curry and Thompson make a deadly shooting duo, especially from the 3 point line. I think Jabari has the potential to make the Bucks a good franchise again, Bucks are my 2nd favourite team so id love to see him and the team do well. Warriors for finalists is a good bet, Rockets aswell will be up there, I think if Harden can work on his shooting percentage a bit that him and Dwight Howard could take them all the way. Davis for MVP is definitely a possibility too, he is going to be one of the all time great big men I feel. Cavaliers with the roster they have should do really well but im not sure if they will get the chemistry right in one season.

I changed up the order a bit but here it goes

MVP: I'm going a bit outside the box here and go with Dwight Howard

Rookie of the Year: Andrew Wiggins. I think he get's a better opportunity to shine in Minnesota

Defensive Player of the Year: Joakim Noah. He's a beast under the basket. 

Finals: Spurs vs Bulls

Championship: Spurs. I don't see any reason they won't repeat. They have pretty much the same team as last year, I think the Cavs need a year to gel, and although I think the Bulls will be good(if they stay healthy that is), the lack of playoff of experience will play a factor. I think NBA champion will come out the West this season so if the Spurs repeat, they will  have to worry more about the Clippers, Rockets, and Warriors. If they can get past all them, it's all Spurs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The problem with melo is that the knicks need to perform well for anything he does to mean anything.  We all know he can score, but can he help his team win?  There's too many other great talents with A) better numbers than him  B) Similar numbers but on a winning team.  To his defense, I don't blame him for throwing up the amount of shots he does, but like stated above... when you're watching him you can't help but think he needs to play a little different and involve his teammates at a higher level.

Really these come down to some guessing, but her she goes.

MVP:  Stephan Curry  I feel like it will be someone new this year.   Solid defender, and well we all know he can play.  Silky shot and just a pleasure to watch.  They're pretty darn good too.  He's going to need some breaks though throughout the year to win the mvp.

Rookie of the Year:  Jabari Parker

Championship:  Warriors vs Cavs   : P  Cavs win it...  !

Defensive player of the year:  Anthony Davis..  I just saw that Gritty mentioned him after I typed him in here.   Honestly he could be in the mvp talks.

just have too  : )  

Soo close with the championship outcome too.  Too bad the cavs lost 2 of their 3 best players for the final...  I find it hard to believe with love, and irvin that with lebron they lose to the warriors.  But they diddn't have them.

Surprised how my predictions turned out!

Edited by SilkyJay86