What's up with the save system?

My_Name_Is_Age

I'm on Chapter 5 (Expect Delays) and I could of sworn it autosaved AFTER I'd been on the tram... But when I load up for another session, I'm back at the level start.. What in the hell is that about? Surely as it says several times 'Progress Saving', it's checkpointing you... 

Not really fair, seeing as I'm playing on Hard, solo. And I've found this game to be Hard.

I was playing that section not too long ago, and I think the same thing happened to me. I quit when I arrived at the mid section, thinking I'd reached a good stopping point, but was back at the beginning the next time I loaded up. :/ Now that I'm recalling it, I think the reason that happened is because I hadn't received the next objective yet; it didn't pop up until after I called the lift. So I guess even though your progress saves, it's only good for checkpoints, and they want you to start your play at the beginning of an objective.

• 10 months later...

The save system is pretty awful. I wait for 'Progress Saving' to flash in the upper right-hand corner before hitting save and quit. Then when I return, I find myself thrown back quite a bit and having to redo some things. Usually reaching the beginning of the next chapter will work fine. Except when I started chapter 12, I played for a bit then hit save and quit; ended up back near the end of chapter 11.