In light of Vita's NEAR going away...

Andreh-Feijoh

Near is still up and running. Just used it.

Yeah. I'm still getting notifications to. Sony is confusing the hell out of me right now.

From what I recall, the location where you used Near will no longer show, although it still will be recorded. Going by that, the platinum should still be possible.

If I remember correctly, it's passed the date it was supposed to become non-functional, correct?

However, I'm still weary, I don't want to start it then be cut off before I get the 100 stars. And since I won't be doing the Skyhook thing then it will take me quite a bit to achieve.

I suppose I'll give it a couple of weeks and check back if it's still do-able.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sony did a very poor job at explaining the changes on NEAR. I still receive game goods on a regular basis for games such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, Frobisher Says and many others. Was also able to get NEAR related trophies for SFxTK after it was "shut down". It seems to me that for game goods/NEAR related trophies, nothing changed and everything is still obtainable.

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone!

Noticed that this thread is some months old but it's the newest i could find for the Smart As street challenge issues. I've been playing them weekly with no issue until 2 days ago, i'm only 1 star away from the platinum but i keep getting the location problem. Used 4 different internet connections and restarted the game and vita a number of times but still wont work.
Is there any news that they might close the online or something? would be a major bummer since i only need one star to get the plat...