Kaos Nightmare Mode

watersoulhealer

Hello

I have been trying for ages to finish nightmare difficulty. My problem, the final boss battle with Kaos. I have the kaos trap. Anyone got any tips. The rings he sends out knock me out. The bullets of doom are a pain. Can anyone recommend a skylander perfect for the job? Even an step by step guide to getting him once and for all.

Someone help! -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I made about six attempts at finishing nightmare mode and called it quits. He has such an over inflated health pool its ridiculous. I had seven traps, no chaos trap, and 15 Skylander's and couldn't do it. Thought about picking up a few more first or second generation Skylander's but decided against throwing more money at it for the trophy. I feel like you need an army of Skylander's 30+ to get through this one. I didn't have a problem with any of the other Skylander games, but Kaos's heath  pool in this one is ridiculous.

• 6 months later...

I have over 100 characters and had to pull out some Spyro characters to make any progress. Your BEST bet it to invest in a few Eon's Elite figures!! They are 3x stronger than normal guys. Whirlwind and Spyro both took Kaos down a peg, but you need several maxed out characters to take him down! AND the Kaos trap REALLY helps. It took a few tries but I got him. Only have six low level guys left in my pool of 100+ sky landers. Granted only 20 of my guys were maxed out.

• 3 months later...

For anyone that still needs help with this, Cross Crow is a great villain for this fight. He hits steady 100+ damage at range (since close combat is practically useless in this fight) and recharges pretty fast when he runs out of time. Plus he's a water trap, so you don't have to buy the Kaos trap to do the job.

I used a few Skylanders only when Cross Crow was low on time, and even then I didn't try to attack with them, just dodged Kaos' endless barrage of attacks and switched back when he was ready. The fight ended up being leagues easier than trying with Skylanders alone.

Hope that helps

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 12/9/2015 at 7:36 AM, Empovyle said:

For anyone that still needs help with this, Cross Crow is a great villain for this fight. He hits steady 100+ damage at range (since close combat is practically useless in this fight) and recharges pretty fast when he runs out of time. Plus he's a water trap, so you don't have to buy the Kaos trap to do the job.

I used a few Skylanders only when Cross Crow was low on time, and even then I didn't try to attack with them, just dodged Kaos' endless barrage of attacks and switched back when he was ready. The fight ended up being leagues easier than trying with Skylanders alone.

Hope that helps

Confirmed. I also used Cross Crow as the main attacker for this fight and evaded Chaos' attacks with the skylanders.

• Like 1