Dust 514 free to play!

aparently, this game will be free to download and free to play! hopefully, you will still be able to earn trophies even if you download it for free. but i doubt it, since its an MMO, it will probably be like DCUO or free realms where you ahve to pay a subscription to be able to earn the trophies.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/721388/dust-514-to-be-free-to-play-on-ps3/

• Like 1

This game looks revolutionary! I have never seen a system like the one Dust uses. The concept and execution of that concept looks superb, it definitely appears to be the future of multiplayer shooters. I still don't know if I will play it depending on the trophies. I know that is lame, but I have no interest in playing a Warhawk game (trophy-wise). That's just me, but hopefully the trophies will not require an ungodly amount of time. I am not asking for everything to be super easy, just something moderate.

This game looks revolutionary! I have never seen a system like the one Dust uses. The concept and execution of that concept looks superb, it definitely appears to be the future of multiplayer shooters. I still don't know if I will play it depending on the trophies. I know that is lame, but I have no interest in playing a Warhawk game (trophy-wise). That's just me, but hopefully the trophies will not require an ungodly amount of time. I am not asking for everything to be super easy, just something moderate.

that is, of course, if you will be able to earn trophies without paying a subscription.

aparently, this game will be free to download and free to play! hopefully, you will still be able to earn trophies even if you download it for free. but i doubt it, since its an MMO, it will probably be like DCUO or free realms where you ahve to pay a subscription to be able to earn the trophies.

http://www.g4tv.com/...to-play-on-ps3/

Have you heard any potential dates for this to happen? My fingers are crossed that trophies area attainable in the free version. Here's to hoping!

Have you heard any potential dates for this to happen? My fingers are crossed that trophies area attainable in the free version. Here's to hoping!

sorry dont know about the dates. but i believe the beta has just begun, so i would say in about a month, since a beta is usually available a month before the game is released.

Having been an Eve Online player for several years, I think a month away is unlikely. But I do think we'll see it this year. Here's a recent write up of the Eve Fanfest session on it as well as video of the session.

http://massively.joy...losion-edition/

More than a month! Darn, I was hoping it would be sooner than that.......I guess it gives people time to play Starhawk (not that I will be :D )