NooB multiplayer questions

ashkilljoy

I'm currently on week 8 off the Firefly Journey (previously completed Hunter Journey). I am level 19. Still fairly new and have some questions I still need clearing up if you could be so kind :)

1) Marking

What is marking? I've seen a perk for it and it's also as a mission but I don't understand what it is or how to do it? I think I've had parts given a couple of times for "opponent marked" but without knowing how I did it and what it means??

2) Executions

What is the difference between an execution and a special execution? I've stayed away from the special execution missions as I don't understand how to do different executions (usually just press Triangle over a downed opponent).

3) Rank Logo

I though the dots and lines logo next to players names changed with your level, but I've seen at least 2 people who are a higher level than me (currently 19) with the // logo you start with whereas I have a dot next to mine now. How does this change?

As an aside, I read someone saying shiv executions are easy, I've never done one or had the opportunity too... don't know how this is easy lol

Thank you!

• Like 1

Marking is when you reveal a player on the map to the rest of your team.

Special executions are when you execute someone by pressing triangle. Executions are just executing them in any way in general.

I think (think, not sure) they change everytime you complete twelve weeks. So the people that you have seen have for example completed 59 weeks in total (they would be level 59) but only completed one successful Firefly playthrough.

Also, I try to stay away from shiv executions. I never really gave it a shot, I just go for the easier ones.

1) Marking

You can mark a player by pushing in the R3 button when aiming at a enemy player. A red triangle will show where that player is for the next few seconds & show on the mini map, also you team members will also see this. You can use a perk to make the mark last longer & one that will show a red line around the payer so you can tell what way he is looking & what he is doing. The next perk also will show up players that is close the the person you have marked. Of course the better the perk costs more points (also you have to unlock some perks).

2) Executions

When you shoot someone down that will count as a DOWN. If you kill a person that is down that counts as an EXECUTION. A special execution is where the player is down & you go over to them & press triangle. This will get you more points than a normal execution but it takes 3-4 seconds to kill the player which leaves you open to an attack so I wouldn't recommend it unless your sure no other enemies are close by. 

3) Rank Logo

I never really pay attention to the logos but it changes after every week you pass. I think you might get an extra line or dot or something. This just really shows how much experience (how much time) the player has played the game. It's doesn't matter how many kills or anything like that they have, but in most cases someone who has played the game a lot is going to be better than a player who hasn't played it much.

You can only shiv execution a player from behind which can be hard to sneak up on a player but an easy way is to throw a smoke bomb & when the player is blinded you can shiv them from any direction, but be careful since you only have about 3 seconds to shiv them & make sure the smoke bomb has hit them. 

Edited by chrisy21

1) Marking

What is marking? I've seen a perk for it and it's also as a mission but I don't understand what it is or how to do it? I think I've had parts given a couple of times for "opponent marked" but without knowing how I did it and what it means??

2) Executions

What is the difference between an execution and a special execution? I've stayed away from the special execution missions as I don't understand how to do different executions (usually just press Triangle over a downed opponent).

3) Rank Logo

I though the dots and lines logo next to players names changed with your level, but I've seen at least 2 people who are a higher level than me (currently 19) with the // logo you start with whereas I have a dot next to mine now. How does this change?

As an aside, I read someone saying shiv executions are easy, I've never done one or had the opportunity too... don't know how this is easy lol

Thank you!

1. You aim at someone and press R3 to mark them, by default you will see an arrow above the guy's head once you mark him. Everyone in your team will see that arrow. If you use the Hawk Eyed booster, the player can have their whole body outlined (like the way you see your team mates through walls) and the marking time will be increased.

2. An execution is when you kill someone normally with bullets or Bombs/Molotovs/melee when they're already downed, a special execution is when you go to their bodies and press  :triangle:, your character can do various animations depending on the gun you're holding. You get more parts when doing the special executions but it leaves you vunerable so choose wisely. Sometimes there will be people ganging up on the downed guy to revive him so if you throw a Bomb or Molotov you can kill all of them at once. :)

3. The number indicates how many weeks your clan has survived, once you complete all 12 weeks (i.e get the trophy) the symbol will change. If your clan dies the number will keep increasing but the symbol won't change until next time you complete the journey.

4. Shiv executions were extremely easy back when the game released, because you could be standing in front of someone and they were shooting at you but if you walked behind them and pressed  :triangle: you'd easily get a shiv kill. That was patched so the "Shiv dance" became a bit harder to pull off, when an enemy shoots at you the game locks you from using a Shiv. The easiest way to get a Shiv kill is to use a Smoke Bomb and run at the stunned enemy, you will always have a prompt if he's stunned. (and if you have a Shiv of course)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi PSNProfile members, recently the DLC is made free to everyone. As I try to search Abandoned Territories map for interrogation mode, all search results is always Reclaimed Territories or non dlc map and the DLC search is always 'searching for any game'.

My question is does Abandoned Territories Map appear in normal search option or only in DLC search option?

Edit: Never mind now cause after searching for 3 days 2 hours a day I finally found them in DLC search option.

Edited by foot_ball_nut