[Suggestion] More fonts for editing.

It's not a major issue, but I thought it'd be nice to suggest the installation of some new fonts - possibly some cursive - so that there's more selection for people who're editing their profiles or making a long term thread.

There's not really much else I can add to the topic, except for a request for people to say what they think towards or against the idea :dunno:

• Like 3

Please no.

Imagine the chaos of everyone (at least those who think it's 'fun') writing in different fonts, some really hard to read. It will never change, it's a forum board, not a 6th grade evaluation paper made on Office. 

Also, if you check Sly's Profile Feed he tells everyone who writes in central/bold/italic to stop doing it, he wants a formal looking forum, and I agree with it.

• Like 2

Please no.

Imagine the chaos of everyone (at least those who think it's 'fun') writing in different fonts, some really hard to read. It will never change, it's a forum board, not a 6th grade evaluation paper made on Office. 

Also, if you check Sly's Profile Feed he tells everyone who writes in central/bold/italic to stop doing it, he wants a formal looking forum, and I agree with it.

I cant blame him, though i thought it a good idea if not for posts at least for the about me pages. Additionally there could be restrictions onto the amount of fonts people are allowed to use at a given time ect.

Oh god no. Wanna play with crayons? Draw a picture. The less room we have for technicolor rainbow posts, the better.

Additionally there could be restrictions onto the amount of fonts people are allowed to use at a given time ect.

No there can't. It's an all or none scenario. It's either open-slather or it's controlled. Speaking from a web development perspective, formal, clean, tidy and consistent is the best approach.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1

Fair enough I guess :dunno:

Your heart's in the right place, but it's never a good idea to open up fonts and colours on websites.

In 18 years (dear lord, I am getting old) of being in the web design / development industry, there are two things that clients and users invariably fuck up -

1. Images. They either upload monster-sized images that do nothing but clog bandwidth, or attempt to scale tiny images up, which looks like shit.

2. Fonts. I really don't need to elaborate, but 99% of people have no eye for design. They think 10 fonts in different colours looks fucking fantastic.

The web isn't Microsoft Word so leave that shit at the door.

If you want to personalise your Checklist, use images. Here's mine - http://ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-checklists/20229-ant1th3s1s-things-go-ding-night.html. Yes, it's dated now, but I can't be arsed updating it on a dead site. My point is you can personalise your checklist as much as you want, just do it with images instead of fonts. Or put the fonts you want to use into images and go nuts.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 2

Your heart's in the right place, but it's never a good idea to open up fonts and colours on websites.

In 18 years (dear lord, I am getting old) of being in the web design / development industry, there are two things that clients and users invariably fuck up -

1. Images. They either upload monster-sized images that do nothing but clog bandwidth, or attempt to scale tiny images up, which looks like shit.

2. Fonts. I really don't need to elaborate, but 99% of people have no eye for design. They think 10 fonts in different colours looks fucking fantastic.

The web isn't Microsoft Word so leave that shit at the door.

If you want to personalise your Checklist, use images. Here's mine - http://ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-checklists/20229-ant1th3s1s-things-go-ding-night.html. Yes, it's dated now, but I can't be arsed updating it on a dead site. My point is you can personalise your checklist as much as you want, just do it with images instead of fonts.

Urgh, I've seen the image issue, though even with the issues with image I always thought the limit here was a little too small :dunno: though that's another story all together.

As for fonts this is the third time word has been bought up and I'm starting to see it more and more ^^" . As for my checklist, I've got that sorted and pinned down, but thanks for the offer of the images ^_^

Urgh, I've seen the image issue, though even with the issues with image I always thought the limit here was a little too small :dunno: though that's another story all together.

Use a third-party image host. Problem solved.

The bandwidth is pulled from the image host, not here. The code to pull that image into a post is lightweight, so you can cram hundreds of images (theoretically) into a single post. It's even trimmer if you use a URL shortening service.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1