Feels very hard now sort of...

Guenter_G

This game started pretty good, slaying spirits from place to place.

But the level progress of the evil spirits is far beyond what I can keep up with. Now it has reached a level difference where I'm not able to free a zone on a single game session. The spirits in every available area is around 31, and my strongest one is on 24. Sure, one can take down spirits that are a few levels higher than your own, but this is too much. I don't think I've spread the merging too far. I try to have 2-3 battle capable spirits of each element, to be able to have the upper hand in most battles, and have a spare for the next. Also you have to merge a lot of different spirits anyway for that crazy 100 max level trophy.

Before I was running out of summoning stones, but had shitloads of spirit point. Now I'm low on both stones and points, so I'm even more limited now! The reward from battles is far beyond the pace of the evil spirits' level progressing. If I sell spirits, I have nothing to merge with. Trading is useless since I don't have any spare spirit of some value, and in any case it would be stuck in merging hell.

The "only" way to progress at a descent rate now is to use destiny orbs.

I mean, I can barely play the game as it is now.

Am I doing it wrong?

Playing the game one or two battles at a time and then wait for the spirits to regain health is so dull, and considering the loading times are worse than on the Playstation 1, it feels next to retarded. I know they want me to spend some pennies, but come on...

I know it sucks, but you have to be patient and focus on some of the spirits with good offensive skills, and upgrading those. Are you pure merging any of your spirits? You should definitely do that!!! Are you trading with others? You should do that, even though it gets tedious. The Destiny of Spirits wikia has a good trading board, and there's always people there trading. I mean, if you do it long enough you'll meet people who get certain spirits that you may need. 

From my experience I suffered burn out twice and took a break. I just stuck with it. Off the top of my head it took me 6 months? But you can have a look.

And also, are you doing those special events? Sometimes you get those white stones and blue stones (I forgot what these are called) that will help you normal summon and merge your spirits, but this takes time. I've only spent £2.99 on a pack of destiny stones, just for a boost. You really don't need to spend any money because sometimes the developer gifts them to you. You can save these and spend on those special spirits to trade for ones that will help you progress.

So, my advice would be:

Trade spirits

Focus on good offensive and defensive spirits.

Participate in those special fighting events, where you get really good SR or R spirits, keep some and trade the others. You also win those white/blue stones which help.

You're in Sweden, right? Pure merge Frejya, I promise she's one of the best out there.

Save the destiny stones for special Europe summons and trade them off or keep them, depending on the spirit. I've always wanted Thor, but he's rare.

Hope this helps!!!

If you're facing Level 31 spirits, you should have a full 5 field-able spirits for every battle. I haven't spent a penny on the game and I'm at 145 cleared areas, the only think I've ever spent ANY Destiny Orbs on is increasing my total number of spirits, get to 100 asap. Gives you room to play.

Personal tip, don't worry about the Trainer trophy (100 max level spirits). Seriously, that's gonna happen on it's own without you trying.

You should have 1 SR of each color, 1 Rare of each color that go into every battle they are strong against. The party remainder should be a mix of UCs or C's, but have at least 1 UC. Outside of these 5 spirits in each color, don't try any merge too many spirits. As your party point limit increases, use less C's and more UC's. If you've tried to max out more than 2 Commons in any color, it's a waste of spirit (blue) points. You can use any more commons you get to merge into UCs and R's upto a point, but I would say after your Battle Party spirits are after level 10, sell any new commons and only worry about merging UC's of spirits you're not maxing out. 

So your Battle Parties should follow this pattern:

R, UC, C, C C (only until you get an SR you like)

SR, R, UC, C, C

SR, R, UC, UC, C (OP should be about right here)

SR, R, UC, UC, UC

SR, R, R, UC, UC

SR, R, R, R, UC

That's about where I am right now with 140+ cleared zones.

Tips: Always use 5 spirits in battle. Only rent on Boss battles. Never rent on Raid bosses. Never try to max out more than two Commons when starting out. Bounce around to all the zones you have access to and fight with color armies you still have near full health. Only spend Destiny Orbs on increasing your max number of spirits. Learn your parties abilities and strategize your attacks for each battle.

It seemed so complex when I started, but now it's not so bad. I only have problems finding the time to play more, not waiting on my party to heal. 

*Encouraging text*

Thanks for the hints!

Sweden yes, but no Freyja. No Thor either.

The strongest spirits I have are

Skuld lvl 22 HP838 ATK259 SPD264

Chloris lvl22 HP732 ATK308 SPD295

Shisa ® lvl20

Frigg ® lvl20

Svarog lvl21 HP 890 ATK258 SPD229

Nanna ® lvl24 HP 850 ATK 243 SPD234

Incubus lvl22

Ogma ® lvl22

Sphinx ® lvl20

Vampire hunter ® lvl20

Also have a few potential strong spirits I haven't been able to level up, all rare:

Ixchel lvl 14

Valkyrie lvl8

Prometheus lvl15

Heremod lvl11

Leviathan lvl6

The only SR spirit I have is one I got today: Manannan Mac Lir. I inted to trade him since I think Leviathan is slightly better. Both are water.

I started playing about a month ago, and have played every day except one.

Sometimes I'm tempted to buy some Desitny orbs to get some stronger spirits and raise the pace and just get it alls over and done. But that also feels like giving in into something I in the end don't really think is worth it.

But no, I haven't tried any of the events. Thoughts those were just for peeps who've grown tired of the regular game. Looked at it today, and the first was against a fire spirit with 10000HP. Level 1. Okay. My water spirits are the strongest I have, but it feels very steep. Tried another one a bit later and… well, it went.

And pure merging rare spirits? I've barely come across 1 of some "species" .

*tactical inspiration*

Thanks :) Not much to answer on directly, and what there is can be found above.

But why not rent on raid bosses?

And just to clarify: common spirits are not worth even for merging you say?

The only SR spirit I have is one I got today: Manannan Mac Lir. I inted to trade him since I think Leviathan is slightly better. Both are water.

I started playing about a month ago, and have played every day except one.

Sometimes I'm tempted to buy some Desitny orbs to get some stronger spirits and raise the pace and just get it alls over and done. But that also feels like giving in into something I in the end don't really think is worth it.

But no, I haven't tried any of the events. Thoughts those were just for peeps who've grown tired of the regular game. Looked at it today, and the first was against a fire spirit with 10000HP. Level 1. Okay. My water spirits are the strongest I have, but it feels very steep. Tried another one a bit later and… well, it went.

And pure merging rare spirits? I've barely come across 1 of some "species" .

Thanks :) Not much to answer on directly, and what there is can be found above.

But why not rent on raid bosses?

And just to clarify: common spirits are not worth even for merging you say?

Edit: What is your name in game? I'll add you to my friend list and try and summon with you every day. That should give you at least one free spirit.

Consider not buying any Destiny Orbs part of the challenge. It's possible. Plus, you'll get some for free just for logging in daily.

Play the events. When a Raid boss shows up, it's basically free summoning points. Fight with whatever spirits you have (even dead ones, they'll be resurrected for the battle.) Once you start the battle, no damage will remain after the fight. If you don't beat the raid boss, leave it alone. The damage you did to them will remain and someone else from your friends list will jump in and finish the boss off and you'll get free stuff. Jump in for friends and just do 1 point of damage and you'll get free stuff when someone else finishes them off. You're weak so ignore the lackeys and focus all damage on the Raid boss. Renting on Raid bosses is a waste of points that could be spent on merging. 

If you aren't doing so now, I recommend fighting with single element armies. 5 Earth Spirits, 5 Fire Spirits, etc. So with 7 elements (including Light and Dark) and at least 5 spirits per element, you should have at least 35 spirits. More than likely, I'd say 8 spirits per element for what level you're fighting so closer to 50. (Light and dark tend to have less spirits to choose from.) On days that favor that element, battle parties with single elements do significantly more damage. This is why you'll want to spend any Destiny Orbs you do get on increasing your max army size.

Common spirits are only worth merging until you have maxed out 1 or 2 Commons and have your UCs, Rs or SRs up to level 10. At that point, they give so little XP, they're significantly more valuable for the 100 spirit points they give.

I hunt twice a day (I have a 30 km trip to work) which gives me 6 free spirits every day. 5 out of 6 will be Commons. See if there is a way to make sure you get credit for any travel you do on a regular basis. I flew to Hawaii and back a couple weeks ago and got a TON of free spirits as well as a couple SRs on that trip.

Keep up the effort. You'll find your groove and crush this game before you know it. 

Edited by DaivRules

Consider not buying any Destiny Orbs part of the challenge. It's possible. Plus, you'll get some for free just for logging in daily.

Play the events. When a Raid boss shows up, it's basically free summoning points. Fight with whatever spirits you have (even dead ones, they'll be resurrected for the battle.) Once you start the battle, no damage will remain after the fight. If you don't beat the raid boss, leave it alone. The damage you did to them will remain and someone else from your friends list will jump in and finish the boss off and you'll get free stuff. Jump in for friends and just do 1 point of damage and you'll get free stuff when someone else finishes them off. You're weak so ignore the lackeys and focus all damage on the Raid boss. Renting on Raid bosses is a waste of points that could be spent on merging. 

If you aren't doing so now, I recommend fighting with single element armies. 5 Earth Spirits, 5 Fire Spirits, etc. So with 7 elements (including Light and Dark) and at least 5 spirits per element, you should have at least 35 spirits. More than likely, I'd say 8 spirits per element for what level you're fighting so closer to 50. (Light and dark tend to have less spirits to choose from.) On days that favor that element, battle parties with single elements do significantly more damage. This is why you'll want to spend any Destiny Orbs you do get on increasing your max army size.

Common spirits are only worth merging until you have maxed out 1 or 2 Commons and have your UCs, Rs or SRs up to level 10. At that point, they give so little XP, they're significantly more valuable for the 100 spirit points they give.

I hunt twice a day (I have a 30 km trip to work) which gives me 6 free spirits every day. 5 out of 6 will be Commons. See if there is a way to make sure you get credit for any travel you do on a regular basis. I flew to Hawaii and back a couple weeks ago and got a TON of free spirits as well as a couple SRs on that trip.

Keep up the effort. You'll find your groove and crush this game before you know it.

I faced a bunch of raid bosses today and discovered just what you wrote. That puts it in a whole new perspective. So I faced raid bosses whenever I could and stones and points rained in. I guess that's how it's supposed to be done :)

Thanks for all the advice! I haven't managed to get a full battle capable party of spirits of the same elements yet, except for water. I don't think that it matters that much, since you mostly face a mix of elements.

Are common spirits of any use really? I see now that you get different spirits from all the different kinds of acquiring methods, including common ones.

Hunting, eh? Well that weighs up for some destiny orbs for sure. I don't travel regularly, so I guess I'll have to get my ass on my bike a little more often and visit malls and cafés that offer free wifi.

My in-game name is GuenterMcSwaggah. And btw, your edit got into the quote :)

My in-game name is GuenterMcSwaggah. And btw, your edit got into the quote :)

I have sent you a Friend request.

I didn't mention above, get as many friends as possible in-game. During battles, friends give you extra hits. Each day you get stones from people renting your spirits and if your spirits are half price for being a friend, you're much more likely to have your spirits rented. Also, you're more likely to have a friend summon with you if you've got more friends. Plus, one of the Emblems is for maxing friends, so more free spirit points. 

I think I only got one advanced summon spirit when I played through the game.  I raised it to the first level cap and then stopped using it after that. Some of the problems are:

• Unless you spend a lot of destiny orbs to do many summons, you'll probably end up having to use jokers to break the level caps.
  • You can only trade advanced summon spirits for other advanced summons, so there is no way other than spending destiny orbs to get more of them.
  • In many cases, a normal spirit with full pure merge bonuses will be more useful than an advanced spirit with no bonuses.

Here are some other tips based on my experience with the game:

1. Consider building up a set of element change spirits.  You're in the Europe region, so you should be able to get Pandora ® for wood and Incubus (UC) for metal.  You can also unlock Ghost Ship ® for water by clearing one of the zones near Australia and Chameleon (UC) for fire by clearing one of the zones in Africa.  To get an earth element changer or R/SR spirits for metal and fire you'll need to trade or get lucky hunting.  Using an element change spirit as the lead, you can field your best spirits against a boss and have an elemental advantage.
  2. Try to build up the pure merge stats for your R or lower spirits.  If you merge a spirit of the same type any time other than when you're breaking the level cap, you'll receive some bonus stats for HP, attack, and speed that show up in parentheses.  The more pure merges you perform, the higher these stats will go until they reach a cap determined by the spirit's rarity class.  With full bonus stats, a UC spirit may be competitive with an R spirit with no bonuses, and similar for R spirits competing with SR.  You can try building up bonus stats for SR spirits, but I ended up using most of my duplicate SRs for level breaks.
  3. The time stop skill is probably the most useful one in the game.  Unfortunately the best time stop spirits were either from a limited summon promotion (Lady of the Depths can stop all enemies for 12 seconds for a cost of 50) or from a past event (Verdandi can stop one enemy for 15 seconds for a cost of 62).  This can be invaluable during boss fights.

*intelligent intelligence*

Thanks for the heads up :)

A question to everyone:

What is the best to do with uncommon or even common spirits that are actually kinda rare? Like C:s and UC:s you get from other parts of the world or as a reward for something. Should they:

• be traded for something useful?
  • be sold or used for merging?
  • be kept for some reason I haven't figured out?

Edit: also, these raid bosses seem to be the key to success. I have shitloads of stones and points now. Yay!

Edited by Guenter_G

What is the best to do with uncommon or even common spirits that are actually kinda rare? Like C:s and UC:s you get from other parts of the world or as a reward for something. Should they:

• be traded for something useful?
  • be sold or used for merging?
  • be kept for some reason I haven't figured out?

Took me a while, but I learned that if it isn't battle-worthy, it shouldn't be kept. You can try to trade, special event spirits tend to trade quickly for me, but the stuff I get offered isn't particularly useful. C's I sell without hesitation. UCs I merge into whatever needs the experience.