Gold wireless headset doesn't work on my Xperia?

HardXDXtraga

Bought the headset and it works fine with all my sony stuff but when I try to connect it to my Xperia Arc S it says "Accessory not supported", I don't know what the hell sony has against this phone because I also can't use the playstation app on it, it always says my password is wrong.

Anyone experienced anything similar? is there something I can do or some app I can download to get it working? because it's kinda shitty that sony headsets don't work on sony phones...

Bought the headset and it works fine with all my sony stuff but when I try to connect it to my Xperia Arc S it says "Accessory not supported", I don't know what the hell sony has against this phone because I also can't use the playstation app on it, it always says my password is wrong.

Anyone experienced anything similar? is there something I can do or some app I can download to get it working? because it's kinda shitty that sony headsets don't work on sony phones...

:hmm: that's a little strange. So far I had my gold headset working on 2 different Sony phones (Z1 and Xperia J) my iPhone 6, Acer tablet. I just plug in the headset using the cable that comes with it and everything is fine

Well the most likely reason is because your phone is 4-5 years old? 

I think it's 3 years old, I've had it for 2 and a half, but how's that a factor?

Zeromus I plug it with the cable and the headset does a strange noise for 5 seconds and then complete silence

Edited by HardXDXtraga

I think it's 3 years old, I've had it for 2 and a half, but how's that a factor?

Zeromus I plug it with the cable and the headset does a strange noise for 5 seconds and then complete silence

Its like that with every device or just your phone? The Xperia J my friend has isn't all that new and it worked fine. If the cord works in a ps4 controller I would find it strange indeed