Atelier Escha and Logy for dummies

I'm new to the series and considering all people saying this is the easiest one, excellent for newcomers, etc I gave it a try, it's my first turn-based RPG and I'm really liking it but I'm SO lost with all the terminology. And sometimes feel it worse because as soon as I increase my alchemy level I got bonus that put more and more things to the table, luckily most of times these bonuses help me but at the same time make my work more and more complex.

I still don't know what the benefit of "Inherit PP3", in fact what's PP function?

I get the trial and error method in this kind of game but the thing is I don't find funny when sometimes I see myself mixing whatever materials with random stuff like "speed 6" , "effect up", "water bonus x2" , and tada "piercing damage"

I was just trying and trying with the available materials of the recipe, one of the ingredients was the key, but it's not shown, when i finally got my item I saw "piercing damage", Ok task completed, lol.

In this moment I need to imbue a Defense +3 for a cotton shirt and whatever material I try I don't get the effect.

is there a guide to know which material to synthesize in the cauldron to get a desired effect?

One last thing, how do you get money in this game, everything is expensive (especially the "Experiment" things) and you consume days synthesizing/gathering/fighting/travelling, hmm at the end of the game you have endless free time to farm some money/experience?

I've been looking for info in the internet but everything is for Advance stuff. Nothing for noobs hehe.

I still don't know what the benefit of "Inherit PP3", in fact what's PP function?

Property Points.

After you finish synthesis, you will be brought to property selection.

Each property requires different number of PPs (better properties == bigger PP requirement).

So if you use an ingredient with Inherit PP, it raises the number of PPs you can use for your output item.

In this moment I need to imbue a Defense +3 for a cotton shirt and whatever material I try I don't get the effect.

is there a guide to know which material to synthesize in the cauldron to get a desired effect?

These requests tend to be doable just by having elemental bar reach the specific number.

This one requires Wind to 30 points.

One last thing, how do you get money in this game, everything is expensive (especially the "Experiment" things) and you consume days synthesizing/gathering/fighting/travelling, hmm at the end of the game you have endless free time to farm some money/experience?

Create and sell things with High Price/HP+/HP++ trait.

As for the end of the game, yea, pretty much =) I just randomly loaded my save (to check the Cotton Shirt) and I have 999999 money so... yea, you don't need to worry about much.

I'm new to the series and considering all people saying this is the easiest one, excellent for newcomers, etc I gave it a try,

Actually... Ayesha would be better choice. Ayesha is the easiest one.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

These requests tend to be doable just by having elemental bar reach the specific number.

This one requires Wind to 30 points.

Ok, let's see: I made some leather gloves in the cauldron with Effect: Hard leather and Def power+3 and Property Defense reinforcement but all is gone when I go to the imbue part. I just got Atk Evasion min 

And about Ayesha, I read that the time management is harder than this one, and considering I finished my first year with only two days to spare I imagined would be a nightmare for me lol.

Ayesha is a lot more open than Escha&Logy. With E&L you have the 4-monthly deadline structure, whereas Ayesha is just a big grand adventure from start to finish. It has 'parts' of a sort, since plot events happen as you go through it and do stuff.

I'd say that E&L is a lot easier in terms of being player-friendly, even if Ayesha is easier difficulty-wise. You get all your party members at once, for a start, and the game roughly tells you what to do, whereas in Ayesha you have to talk to them to put them in the party (same in the Arland titles). E&L has a dodgy translation at some points, though, which can actually make things like alchemy harder.

Overalls, I thought Ayesha's more open structure made it a more satisfying game. I thought the story was stronger too. Basically, I just think Ayesha is better, though I did love some of the characters in this one more.

And about Ayesha, I read that the time management is harder than this one, and considering I finished my first year with only two days to spare I imagined would be a nightmare for me lol.

Like yea, Ayesha doesn't have the magic red "!" telling you that you have an event but the time management objectively IS easier.

I don't know where you read that it's time management-wise harder, but I don't think so.