Upgrading Stats

RyuDc

So i want to upgrade my melee power but I really don't know what stats should i upgrade for that.

Do I have to upgrade Strength or Skill ? 

From the description of Strength it seems like it just gives more strength  on heavy Attacks.

Advice? anyone? 

Strength doesn't only effect heavy attacks just to be clear, at least as far as I understand. It can be confusing, and you may think the damage numbers that rise correlate with the different attacks, but if you look its actually effecting the different weapon slots (Right hand 1, 2. Left hand 1, 2.). Honestly it still is a bit confusing but I think it's important to note these changes.

Honestly it still is a bit confusing but I think it's important to note these changes.

Yes It's confusing  :P 

But i noticed that choosing one or another it's almost the samething.

one of the differences it's  when u choose to equip e new weapon u need to be sure if either you have the skil or strength or both to equip it

It's not that confusing. The letters at the bottom of the item stats page tell you that weapon's scaling ranks for the various attributes.

So, for a simple example:

STR: D

SKL: B

This weapon would increase in it's damage output when you put points into STR or SKL. But, it increases more if you put points into SKL because the scaling rank "B" is better than "D".

The scaling rank can change when you upgrade a weapon. For example, the greatsword starts with scaling ranks of STR: D and SKL: D if I remember correctly. My greatsword is now +6 and I'm sure it now looks like STR: B and SKL: D, so it's definitely a weapon better suited to strength builds than skill.

• Like 1